help with SE W810i !

Status
Not open for further replies.

mananknl

Broken In
hi frenz!!
i just bought a SE w810i a month ago :)
1)Is thr ne way 2 delete the protected files(like the robbie williams stuff)??
2)Wht is the latest firmware for this model? i hv R4EA031 currently.
3)I downloaded the SE update application but it always hangs after the language selection screen..nebody knows y??

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1) u'll hafta hack into the firmware. read this post: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=56679, follow till step 11 and on the left pane goto /tpa/presets here u can delete the preloaded content in the relevant folder (eg images, sounds etc). take a backup of them in any case. now follow from step 13 onwards to get ur phone back. but do remember that flashing will void ur warranty.

2) it is the latest.

3) try updating the JRE package from sun's site.

OP
M

mananknl

Broken In
one more ques..
which is the best format(and what bitrate) for storing audio files.
I mostly listen songs using the accompanied earphones :)

dtox

The Techno Perv
try aac format at 88 kbps vbr.. size of the file reduces but the quality remains same as the original mp3 file if not better! that way, u cant put in more files in ur default 512mb of space wtihout loss of sound quality..

OP
M

mananknl

Broken In
pls suggest some software to encode into aac 88kbps..i tried winamp n dbpoweramp but they both hv fixed presets,ie either 80 or 96 kbps
BTW which encoder to use?? AAC-LC or AAC-HE ??

dtox

The Techno Perv
try itunes!!.. btw, u can encode the files to 96 kbps aac.. no probs :).. i just gave 88kbps as a reference number.. u can encode it to ne kbps depending on ur space constraints n sound quality

and use aac-he if u cant compromise on quality.. else use aac-lc..

dtox

The Techno Perv
dont think codec lowers ur battery.. its the volume at which u listen that decides the battery consumption

K

krazyfrog

^^ No. Certain codecs do make the player consume more power than others. For example WMA requires more processing power than MP3 to decode and hence battery life is reduced.No idea whether AAC consumes less power than MP3 or not though.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^ it doesn't matter much. the difference is hardly noticable between mp3 and m4a (aac), but the quality to size ratio definitely increases!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom