Help with my rig

techbulb

eUREKA...
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:gAMING,PHOTOSHOP,MOVIES AT FULL HD MOVIE CONVERSIONS,DOWNLOADING

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:YES

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:30K

4. Planning to overclock?
A:YES, I HAVE NEVER DONE OVERCLOCKING BUT I WANT TO GIVE IT A TRY

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:WINDOWS 7 AND XP IN DUAL BOOT

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500GB

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:YEAH I ALREADY HAVE A MONITOR I DON'T WANT TO UPGRADE IT NOW SYNCMASTER 740N

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:7

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:I HAVE NEVER BUILT BEFORE BUT I WANT TO START NOW

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:AFTER MY EXAMS (10 DEC)

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: YES (AT LEAST 3 YRS)

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A: I HAVE A MOUSE , KEYBOARD ,MONITOR,SPEAKERS,

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:JAIPUR ,NO

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:SUGGEST ANY COOLING SOLUTIONS IF NEEDED TO KEEP THE RIG AS COOL AS POSSIBLE.AND A UPS (IF POSSIBLE ,NOT IMP )
AND I WANT A CABINET AND MOTHERBOARD WITH SEETHROUGH SIDE PANEL AND FRONT USB PORTS (MIN 2,3.0 PREFEREBALLY)MAYBE NZXT LEXA S OR GUARDIAN suggest
I ALSO HAVE A QUSTION WAT IS THE DIFF BTW SMPS AND PSU?:clap2:
IF I CAN GET AN GRAPHICAL BIOS ON THE MOTHERBOARD IT WILL BE GOOD THANKS
PLEASE PROVIDE LINKS OF EVERY COMPONENTS SO I CAN LOOK AT THEIR DETAILS
THNX IN ADVANCE:)):doublethumb::bananana:

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
AMD Athlon II x4 645 - 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 - 4.8k
Corsair Value 1333 Mhz 2x 2GB - 1.4k
HD 6770 @ 7k
Seagate 500 GB 7200.12 - 4.5k
ASUS 24X Sata Black DVD - 1.1k
Corsair CX 430v2 @ 2.2k
NZXT Source Elite 210 - 2.9k
APC 600VA - 1.8k

Total = 30.7k ;-)

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
A:SUGGEST ANY COOLING SOLUTIONS IF NEEDED TO KEEP THE RIG AS COOL AS POSSIBLE.AND A UPS (IF POSSIBLE ,NOT IMP )
AND I WANT A CABINET AND MOTHERBOARD WITH SEETHROUGH SIDE PANEL AND FRONT USB PORTS (MIN 2,3.0 PREFEREBALLY)MAYBE NZXT LEXA S OR GUARDIAN suggest
I ALSO HAVE A QUSTION WAT IS THE DIFF BTW SMPS AND PSU?:clap2:
IF I CAN GET AN GRAPHICAL BIOS ON THE MOTHERBOARD IT WILL BE GOOD THANKS
PLEASE PROVIDE LINKS OF EVERY COMPONENTS SO I CAN LOOK AT THEIR DETAILS
THNX IN ADVANCE:)):doublethumb::bananana:

Aftermarket cooler is necessary only if ur going to overclock ur processor
The smps/psu r two different names of same thing
For graphical Bios(UEFI) is possible with sandy bridge platform wait for someone to suggest a sb rig
lastly go ur own research before buying use google search for component reviews before buying u will get a basic idea about the components being suggested here

Cilus

laborare est orare
Mithun UEFI bios is not only available with SB mobos, it is available with AM3+ mobos too. My Sabertooth 990FX does have it and most of the M5A series mobos also have it.

OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
*i41.tinypic.com/2a0evro.jpg
*i42.tinypic.com/jiozlt.jpg

i left the hdd because their prices are very high now and i have an old 80gb please tell will this rig work and is the psu i selected enough and i selected 2 cases which one is good and if any otheer please suggest and also a graphic card and a psu

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
sorry fo the misinfo thanks cilus for correcting it
@techbulb the pro & the MB u selected is not compatible
u can get Jetway HI09-Z or intel DZ68DB both @7.6K

OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
is Jetway a good company and suggest a gpu and is the psu I selected good enough and I have a question will my old hard drive(5 yrs old )
work with this mobo ?

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
^^ for that price i would recommend the GS600 or the seasonic SII 520
IT Depot is giving 3 yr warranty for the Jetway MB but it does not have switchable grafix but the intel one has also the jetway supports cfx while the intel does not
make ur choice according to ur needs
or get this full featured board
GIGABYTE GA-Z68P-DS3 /2.1 Mother Board

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
@OP: you can't pair i5-2500K & Asus P7H55 motherboard. They are not of same socket. ;) Change it.
Also you are opting for 2500K means you are going to overclock, which would require P67 or Z68 based motherboards. Instead go with i5-2400+DH67CL combo.
Intel Core i5 2400 @ 9.4K
Intel DH67CL-B3 @ 5.4K

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ Then that would be a big mistake in the searching criteria (bad coding there). Go with the combo which I mentioned. :)

Cilus

laborare est orare
techbulb, if you are not planning to overclock then d6Bmg's config is very good and best VFM solution. Go with it.

OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
*i39.tinypic.com/350njfr.jpg

my exams are over ,now please help me
the green ones i am sure
red ones i need
and the yellow ones are 90% sure if any better suggest
blue ones i have

i was thinking about cm haf 912 advanced as cab and v6gt as cpu cooler i will do ocing in the long run
i have a ques will the hard drive and dvd drive of my old comp work with this mb its a 4-5yr old pentium d pc
thnx in advance

Last edited:
OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
the noctua one looks hideous and the gt one well looks like an gt car engine are the corsair hydro series good i will not oc very extreme just for benchmarks and in the future when this processor gets old i need more juice and the noctua one is very hard to find in jaipur

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
D14 is one of the best air-coolers out there in the market. If Noctua isn't availible at you r place, then v6gt is the way to go.
And 30K config:

Component | Make | Price Processor |Intel Core i5 2400|9400
Motherboard |Intel DH67CL-B3|5400
RAM |Corsair Value 1333 Mhz 4GB|1200
Graphic Card |MSI R6770-MD1GD5|6800
HDD |Seagate 500GB 7200.12|4200
DVD Writer |LG 22x Super DVD/CD R/W|900
PSU |FSP Saga II 500w|2200
Case |NZXT Gamma |2100
UPS |Intex 1KVA|1800
| Total |34000

*i39.tinypic.com/350njfr.jpg

Hey! what's your max budget?? Mention it. Then the remaining parts can be filled up.

OP
techbulb

techbulb

eUREKA...
50k hopefully should i go with water colling like corsair h50 because its always better than air cooling or v6gt
i hate gamma so please suggest another and the psu also of good company watts you tell according to the gpu

Top Bottom