help with defy plus

duke123

In the zone
i am interested in defy plus at 13-14k.....i am basically attracted to the features its offering water resistant,gorilla glass because i am a rough user...i came across very good reviews praising its reliability...i confirmed and went to buy from authorized dealer locally...but after meeting the dealer he told me that there is no authorized dealer in my locality...he himself was a authorized dealer earlier and told me not to buy motorola as their service was very bad and if i got any defects i am screwed...i decided to reconsider my decision...then i came across a few complaints from defy plus users experiencing auto reboot and pathetic service...also no official support ICS will be released for defy plus and it will have android 2.3.... i am confused now whether i should go with defy plus or go with some other model...
can any motorola/defy plus owners clear my confusion...what are the other choices i have...????

faiz0210

Broken In
Well i own a defy and I never had any problems with the phone.
You can buy it from flipkart or any genuine site. The phone is a lil outdated now considering the market is full with dual/quad core phones.
Regarding the service, it never gave me any problems, so i can not comment on that but service centers of motorola are there in every city.
There is no official support for ICS/JB for moto defy/plus but there are many custom roms to choose from at XDA, flashing, rooting is a piece of cake for defy even though it has a locked bootloader. On top of that defy/plus has a almost fully working CM10/JB rom. Now you decide :wink:
i am interested in defy plus at 13-14k.....i am basically attracted to the features its offering water resistant,gorilla glass because i am a rough user...i came across very good reviews praising its reliability...i confirmed and went to buy from authorized dealer locally...but after meeting the dealer he told me that there is no authorized dealer in my locality...he himself was a authorized dealer earlier and told me not to buy motorola as their service was very bad and if i got any defects i am screwed...i decided to reconsider my decision...then i came across a few complaints from defy plus users experiencing auto reboot and pathetic service...also no official support ICS will be released for defy plus and it will have android 2.3.... i am confused now whether i should go with defy plus or go with some other model...
can any motorola/defy plus owners clear my confusion...what are the other choices i have...????

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
Just so to make sure you are aware that there is another Defy with a front facing camera, the Defy XT 535. The rest of the specs are same as that of the Defy+.
Homeshop18 @ 15499 with 1000 cashback when you pay online
Sulekha @ 14350 (Chennai)

OP
D

duke123

In the zone
Just so to make sure you are aware that there is another Defy with a front facing camera, the Defy XT 535. The rest of the specs are same as that of the Defy+.
Homeshop18 @ 15499 with 1000 cashback when you pay online
Sulekha @ 14350 (Chennai)

thanks ...i will also consider it...its the reliability that i want ...i will be using it in very harsh conditions....so the fault reviews and pathetic service is withdrawing me back...i am not going to use it for any intensive tasks like gaming etc...just basic use like GPS,browsing,video,music with little apps....so i dont think i need a quad or dual....all i want is reliability...is there any other model that suffice my needs...???

aroraanant

Explorer
Better get a dual core or some good single core phone.Avoid defy+, there are much better options available in market now.

Top Bottom