Help with a gaming PC config within 40 K

Cilus

laborare est orare
Buddy, me in BBSR too. The thing is that you can buy from M.D. Computers or Vedant Infotech, Kolkata, they will provide you shipping here. Even though Vedant does not have Online portal, you can always place order through Phone and plenty of members here have done so.

But since your budget has been upgraded to accommodate i5 3550 + B75 Motherboard, why not opt for an alternate AMD FX-8350 based configuration? And regarding BBSr hardware price, I might be little useful here.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
as gaming is your main concern, and you will be running the pc straight for 15 hours, its better to go with intel as it has reduced load from wall.

1. intel i5 3450 ( whichever i5 you want honestly anything above this doesnt make a significant difference )
2. cheap mobo ( trust me, spend least on it, dunno why people here suggest super expensive motherboards. Having all gold or japanese capacitors make "zero" or "0" difference to the life of the motherboard, as long as you have a good psu and are not overvolting )
3. gtx 660ti / gtx 760 ( if budget permits )

rest you decide.

Save money on the cabinet, no need to go for nzxt gamma if budget is a constraint. Stick to getting a good psu and a cheap cabinet with 1 exhaust fan and add an additional intake fan. You dont need a cabinet full of holes.

The rest i leave to your wisdom, but these are my 2 cents.

OP
C

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Cilus bro, I'll PM you. I'm a little skeptical bout phone order though. And yeah, no AMD! They kinda run hot (even though their stock cooler is *better*) and I feel IPC is more important than cores. Except Crysis or BF nobody uses more than 2 cores and I won't be running CPU intensive games anyway. I contacted the local guy who had been our family's PC supplier for years and he told me to wait 2-3 weeks as the falling Rupee price has incresed the price of everything xD.

Most probably I'm getting an i3 with GTX 660 (660ti/760 outta budget) and will swap the i3 for i5 later. My seller assured me he'll buy it back for 50-60% price. I'm happy.

Noas bro, thanks for the suggestion but I think the cabinet makes quite a bit of difference. Two extra exhaust fans can mean a difference of 5-10C (not that it ever crosses 40 C here in Berhampur)

thegeek

Broken In
Here's a bang-for-the-buck pc :

Processor: Intel Core i5 3570K - ₹15100

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 - ₹2889

Graphic Card: ZOTAC NVIDIA GTX 650 - ₹12999

RAM: Corsair DDR3 (1 x 4 GB) - ₹2299

Power Supply: Corsair VS650 - ₹4600

TOTALS - ₹37887

Leaves you ₹3000 for a 500GB hard disk that you should buy locally IMO. They cost more online. For the cabby, get the cheapest Cooler Master available in your town. Nvidia GTX 650 instead of ATI 7850 is enough to run all PS3 level pc games (almost) at full settings on the 20-inch screen that you'd be buying.

- Coming from a guy who has made 22-23 configurations for an online store.

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

TOTALS - ₹37887

Leaves you ₹3000 for a 500GB hard disk that you should buy locally IMO. They cost more online. For the cabby, get the cheapest Cooler Master available in your town. Nvidia GTX 650 instead of ATI 7850 is enough to run all PS3 level pc games (almost) at full settings on the 20-inch screen that you'd be buying.

whts the point of giving an unlocked processor with a h61 motherboard? you want to turn his pc into an atom bomb?

8gb ram is a must for a gaming pc, bf3 multiplayer takes 4gb on its own.

get a i5 3450 and a cheap h61 mobo, rest on ram

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
+1 for proccy and Ram advice,
but for gaming, dont you think h61 will be a little less ?

@OP : buy one stick now and get another after some time, so it'll not affect the current budget. :)

TOTALS - ₹37887

at least go for the gigabyte B75 D3hb, nothing less than that.
and change the proccy to something locked, coz OCing at this budget is a no-no from most of the Digitians.

OP
C

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman

TOTALS - ₹37887

That's a bit of an awkward advice.

I clearly stated no overclocking. A K series proccy is a waste anyway on an H61. And I might not regret USB 3, but native IvyBridge and SATA 6.0 is important. Plus the RAM will be clocked at 1600 that H61 won't handle. Corsair VS series isn't 80+ but CX series is. I'm sacrificing on the proccy end by getting a 3220 that'll be replaced by a 3550 plus another 4GB RAM stick (7-8 months later). All in all my choices have been made, I'm just waiting for a buyer for my Acer 5755G :D

Thanks everyone who replied

The final config

Intel i3 3220
Gigabyte B75M D3H
GTX 660
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB DDR3
Seagate Barracuda 500 TB
Asus DRW-24B3ST
Corsair cx600 V2
NZXT Gamma

That's a bit of an awkward advice.

I clearly stated no overclocking. A K series proccy is a waste anyway on an H61. And I might not regret USB 3, but native IvyBridge and SATA 6.0 is important. Plus the RAM will be clocked at 1600 that H61 won't handle. Corsair VS series isn't 80+ but CX series is. I'm sacrificing on the proccy end by getting a 3220 that'll be replaced by a 3550 plus another 4GB RAM stick (7-8 months later). All in all my choices have been made, I'm just waiting for a buyer for my Acer 5755G :D

Thanks everyone who replied

The final config

Intel i3 3220
Gigabyte B75M D3H
GTX 660
Corsair Vengeance 4 GB DDR3
Seagate Barracuda 500 TB
Asus DRW-24B3ST
Corsair cx600 V2
NZXT Gamma

> replace CX600V with Seasonic S12II 520W. 520W is perfectly enough even for fx 8350 and 7970 overclocked.

> get WD HDD instead of seagate as WD's A.S.S. is better than Seagate's.

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
Cilus bro, I'll PM you. I'm a little skeptical bout phone order though. And yeah, no AMD! They kinda run hot (even though their stock cooler is *better*) and I feel IPC is more important than cores. Except Crysis or BF nobody uses more than 2 cores and I won't be running CPU intensive games anyway. I contacted the local guy who had been our family's PC supplier for years and he told me to wait 2-3 weeks as the falling Rupee price has incresed the price of everything xD.

Most probably I'm getting an i3 with GTX 660 (660ti/760 outta budget) and will swap the i3 for i5 later. My seller assured me he'll buy it back for 50-60% price. I'm happy.

Noas bro, thanks for the suggestion but I think the cabinet makes quite a bit of difference. Two extra exhaust fans can mean a difference of 5-10C (not that it ever crosses 40 C here in Berhampur)

are you sure your "seller" will purchase the proccy again after 6-7 months ?
:rolleyes:

OP
C

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
> replace CX600V with Seasonic S12II 520W. 520W is perfectly enough even for fx 8350 and 7970 overclocked.

> get WD HDD instead of seagate as WD's A.S.S. is better than Seagate's.

>My calculations (Thermaltake Power Supply Calculator) at 100% load and 25% capacitor ageing (yes, my PC will be on for very long times), it says 503 W. Just to be safe 600W is better especially when price difference is 200-300 Rs. At 80W difference in wattage, the thermal energy wastage difference will be minimal considering both are 80+

>It's just the opposite here! The Seagate guys here are uber nice, replaced my broken external hdd very quick.

are you sure your "seller" will purchase the proccy again after 6-7 months ?
:rolleyes:

I use seller in a generic way, he's a techie and my uncle's friend. And he's a man of his words, so I trust him. Btw isn't there a market for used proccy's?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl
>My calculations (Thermaltake Power Supply Calculator) at 100% load and 25% capacitor ageing (yes, my PC will be on for very long times), it says 503 W. Just to be safe 600W is better especially when price difference is 200-300 Rs. At 80W difference in wattage, the thermal energy wastage difference will be minimal considering both are 80+

>It's just the opposite here! The Seagate guys here are uber nice, replaced my broken external hdd very quick.

I use seller in a generic way, he's a techie and my uncle's friend. And he's a man of his words, so I trust him. Btw isn't there a market for used proccy's?

there is, but if you start overvolting your cpu... i dont think its going to fetch a lot of value.

Its not about Wattage, its about quality. CX isn't a very good quality PSU where s12II are very high quality parts.

OP
C

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
I won't over volt CPU if i'm not OCing in first case, it's just a safety margin.
I understand SS is far btter than CX but...I want 600W to be on the safe side. Heh guys, you are starting to confuse me again...lol

mastercool8695

Cyborg Agent
I won't over volt CPU if i'm not OCing in first case, it's just a safety margin.
I understand SS is far btter than CX but...I want 600W to be on the safe side. Heh guys, you are starting to confuse me again...lol

buy 600 W PSu if you insist and the budget permits, but if the forum guys say that 500 W will be enough, I see no reason to buy more than that.
BTW, what did your calculated Wattage ?

NoasArcAngel

Wise Old Owl

you dont need anything more than 420w, its already been accounted for.

use hwextreme psu calculator.

OP
C

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
Almost all online psu calculators have exact same layouts in the same order. Now that you guys mention it, I'll think about seasonic during final buying time.

ankush28

Bazinga

TOTALS - ₹37887

lol remove affiliate links

OP
C

Coldbreeze16

Journeyman
I've got a very weird yet profitable suggestion from a cousin. He wants me to buy HD 7850 instead of Gtx 660 and mine some litecoins. If that works out he'd buy me another HD 7850 (free to me!) to pair it up with the other one (probably no crossfire but weirdly that B75 board supports crossfire but not SLI) on the condition that whatever I mine, we split it 50-50. I've explored cryptocurrencies earlier. Mining bitcoins with PC is no longer profitable, I doubt if it is at all profitable with litecoins. He must be nuts, but who cares! Electricity is free in hostel. I'll have ample cooling with 2 more 120 mm fans.

Do you think that seasonic 520W can still handle the heat with 2 HD 7850?

Top Bottom