Help! Windows keeps restarting upon shutdown..???

Status
Not open for further replies.

gauravharalalka

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,
I have a P4 3 Ghz HT (800 MHz) on an Intel 865 GBF with 512MB RAM (400 MHz) in dual-channel mode and a GeForce FX 5200-256MB card with Windows XP SP2 installed.
This is really a very peculiar problem which has started plaguing me for the last couple of days. Whenever I try to shutdown windows, the system restarts and upon disabling the Automatically Restart feature under Startup and Recovery, I get a BSOD stating:
Driver IRQ not less or equal
kbdclass.sys - Address F7A 679B0 base at F7A6700, DateStamp 41107b08
After this I have to press the power button on the cabinet to shut down the system.
I, however, found out that this error is caused by an older version of logitech's keyboard/mouse software which I updated with the latest available but to no avail. The problem persists and happens everytime the system has to restart as well.

There is also another problem which has cropped up which is when i press the standby button on the keyboard or the cabinet. There is an abrupt system shutdown and I get a BSOD stating:
Internal Power Error
After this to shut down completely I have to press the power button on the cabinet.
I have been using this machine with the same specs for more than a year now, i guess, and have never faced these problems before.

A little background on the software I have installed recently after which these problems started...
1. I had installed the software for Easy Access Buttons and On-screen Display for my Compaq keyboard SK-2800C which was actually meant for Windows'98 from the Compaq Quick Restore CD. Then, had to manually delete the files (from the registry as well) after it could not be uninstalled.
2. I had installed 6 WinXP updates which are:
WindowsMedia-Q828026-x86-ENU
WindowsXP-KB883939-x86-ENU
WindowsXP-KB884020-x86-enu
WindowsXP-KB894391-x86-ENU
WindowsXP-KB896727-x86-ENU
WindowsXP-KB899588-x86-ENU

It would be great if someone could help me out...Thanks[/b]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom