Help wanted from GPRS/WAP Users..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

saROMan

QA Juggler
Ok finally got my Hands on Dad's New LG G1600 GPRS Phone..it has lot of features Like Internet Connectivity,Java etc etc...The Service provider is Hutch(i am currently in Chennai).....now i dont have a Damn Idea how to use it to Browse Net or any Wap Sites etc......when i click on Internet it says invalid Settings..and java says no Midlet installed....now being a Total noob in Mobile World.:cry:.can any one using Wap,Gprs etc help me out how i can Config my Phone so that i can Connect to net , d/l Ringtones/wallpapers etc fm WAP sites .....

Btw Ringtone reminds me I am Dying to get my Hands on A.R. rehaman's Airtel Jingle/Ringtone...if any 1 has it can you plz tell me how i can have it on my Mobile??? :wink:

also i tryed to d/l a wallpaper fm Indiatimes...so wne thru there procedure..but insted of getting a msg with wallpaper fm them i got a Push mgs (Useual Folder Icon with a W on one side of it) also there was no option to see or save the wallpaper...can any one help me with that ????

Well no need to Laugh :shock: on me :wink: ..even a QnA Wiz can be noob in Other Field.... :wink:

OP
saROMan

saROMan

QA Juggler
thx a lot bud..for the Info..but in the Blog its been given how to connect Laptop to Internet thru your mobile......what i was looking for is how i can access the wap Sites Diretly thru my phone..coz i dont have any Data Cable with me.....i want to surf casually ..d/l ringtones/wallpapers d/l Java Enabled Stuff etc nthin serious....

so i was looking for any help regarding it..Btw i guess 1st thing i sud do is ask Hutch to Enable my GPRS/Wap capability etc......right ???

bukaida

In the zone
you have to enable it

The first thing you should do is --Go to the service provider.BSNL has a special number through which you can enable the service by yourself.Don't know if hutch has the similar facility or not.Else you have to request them to enable it b'coz by default the service is disabled.Then try to configure the phone. Else it will be like trying to run a program without installing the OS.

theKonqueror

CCIE# 20863
I had same condition when i first got samsung C100 with airtel connection. U need to call the call center 100 times to get the GPRS running.

BTW, google is available on wap too. anything u need on wap can be gooooooogled. :lol:

Open the web-browser in ur cell and go to *google.com (no www), any u r done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom