HELP Urgent!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Status
Not open for further replies.

davinci

wid million core procesor
I hav recently(abt 2-3months) assembled a new sys but suddenly 2day my sys is not booting.After a lot of messing around with it I finally found that the culprit is my new Seagate 500gb HDD.I found that the HDD is not recognised thought other SATA drives are shown in the BIOS menu and also my old IDE HDD.I hav checkd the SATA cable n connection n they all are fine, power to my new HDD is also ok cuz i can feel the vibration of the HDD running.So can guys pls tell me wat the hell has happend to my HDD?Has my new HDD crashed?If it has crasd then pls tell me what steps should i take(to get it replaced) and can i recover da data from this HDD?

Pls hlp me out guys,am totally clueless.

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
There are many reasons why a hard drive can crash. Do mention your complete configuration on your next post. In the meanwhile, google and download hd tach, select the seagate drive and run an error scan. If you see any red blocks, your hard drive is corrupted. Back up the data as much as you can and give it to the service centre for RMA. RMA for seagate is taken care by Accel frontline nationwide.

OP
davinci

davinci

My config is
AsusP5k PL CM
C2D 1.7Ghz
4gb ddr2 667 transcend ram
9500gt 512mb ddr2 sparkle g card
1x2 dvd writer
500gb sata2 seagate hdd
40gb ide samsung hdd.

Btw am now running fedora from my 40 gb hdd and the 500gb hdd is no shown in my computer,it is not even shown in the bios menu.i mean it is totally non-existant in my comp.so how will i run the error scan?

OP
davinci

davinci

how do i change the jumper setting for a sata2 drive?btw i dnt kno da exact model no.

OP
davinci

davinci

Guys pls hlp me out.Has my HDD really crashed?How do i kno that it has crashed that is wat r the signs of HDD crashing?

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
it is not even shown in the bios menu.
Its dead. Most probably the hard drive you have is the one with SD15 firmware. Rest of the info is available here
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=106610
Try changing the sata cable, sata power connector and use another sata port on the mobo. There are many reasons why a hard drive can drive, power supply being one issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom