[HELP] Unique Client Requirement

havoknation

Journeyman
Hi All,
Today I have received a call from one of my client which is actually an architect company. Please take a look at his requirement :

--> : They will take 3 HD pics from 3 different cameras and pic would be covering 180 degrees area for eg they will take a panoramic image from left to right and they will process this image and will give me one single image .Obviously this final output image would be too wide to fit on single display. So now they wants it to show to their customer via projector and they already have circular projector room setup in their office.

So my point is should I look for one HD projector that could process such a high definition wide image or should I use 3 different projectors using ATI eyefinity technology?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
3 projectors.. check Nvidia 3D surround also.

check this for some inspiration :)

AFAIK only some AMD cards supports up to 6 displays.

OP
havoknation

havoknation

Journeyman
Hmm thanks for the above link. But how is it possible exactly? Picking up gpu is not a tough task, the thing is which projectors should I look for?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
cant say much about projectors as I don't know much about that. I only know that 1080p projectors are cost a arm and a leg.

you can also go through this video .. ;)

OP
havoknation

havoknation

Journeyman
Its ok 1080p projector I can find but do I need three different projectors or only 1 or 2. I am really confused about resolutions as the source pic would be a combination of three HD wide pics each clicked from 12-14MP Digicam. The output wall is 20 feet wide and 10feet tall.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Circular 180º right? two projectors "might" be sufficient. any way as the images will be stitched together the resolution will be very high much higher than the normal video resolution. so one projector would not work in this case.

OP
havoknation

havoknation

Journeyman
Circular 180º right? two projectors "might" be sufficient. any way as the images will be stitched together the resolution will be very high much higher than the normal video resolution. so one projector would not work in this case.

Yes semicircular 180º. Please someone confirms if one two or three projector needed and if yes then which type of projectors needed. Basic one or 1080p ?

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
actually.. if full resolution is not a issue then you can go for a 720p or even a VGA projector.

Top Bottom