Help to install xp

johnrambo4

Broken In
I need help immediately. I bought a new computer. It came installed with windows 7. I want to install xp. But whenever I boot from cd it shows an error. Windows encountered an error and set up needs to shut down. Check your hard disk for virus and corruption. Check if hard disk is configured properly. Uninstall any newly added hard disk. There are no viruses in my system. Kindly help me. Thanks in advance.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Please post your machine config to rule out any configuration problems with Windows XP.
Chances are your new hardware is optimised to work best with Windows 7.
And why do you want to run XP? Windows 7 is better than XP in almost every department. If you want to run legacy apps you may try XP mode(if you have Professional or Ultimate edition) or install XP in a virtual machine.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@johnrambo4, try copy the content of the disc to your PC to check for CRC errors. maybe the disc is corrupted.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I need help immediately. I bought a new computer. It came installed with windows 7. I want to install xp. But whenever I boot from cd it shows an error. Windows encountered an error and set up needs to shut down. Check your hard disk for virus and corruption. Check if hard disk is configured properly. Uninstall any newly added hard disk. There are no viruses in my system. Kindly help me. Thanks in advance.

First thing first: If your machine has came preinstalled with Windows 7, then it must be a Genuine licensed version. And if you are installing XP over it, it would most probably be Pirated.
Q: Now, do you REALLY want to lose a GENUINE LATEST VERSION of Windows with a DECADE OLD pirated Windows?
If answer to above question is Yes, then try SAM's method.
And if the disk is correct, try to Nuke Hard drive from s/w like, Darik's Boot And Nuke | Hard Drive Disk Wipe and Data Clearing And then try to install XP.

Disclaimer: After using DBAN, if you are unable to install XP, your computer might be unusable. Use at your own risk.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
:+1: with all the above users comments..

@johnrambo4: thats a wise decision of using windows 7 & not hampering the OS & system...

but still if u want to use XP in safer way then use VMWare Player to emulate it or VM as told by vignesh

amit dutt

Broken In
the only reason i use Xp is:
1. to run classical TC [c compiler]. i need it for my computer graphics lab.
2. oracle 9i not supported by windows 7
3. IBM RAD [not supported on win 7]

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
the only reason i use Xp is:
1. to run classical TC [c compiler]. i need it for my computer graphics lab.

Hey buddy, One advice. Don't ever disclose again, that you use Turbo C! Since Mods may ban you for this...

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
Hey buddy, One advice. Don't ever disclose again, that you use Turbo C! Since Mods may ban you for this...
lol.
In his case, he'll get an exception since the Indian Colleges refer to Borland Graphics for education itself and their entire lab is based on BGI, so students like him barely have a choice.
In any case he doesn't need XP to run that TC crap, DOSBOX will suffice.

amit dutt

Broken In
true sir...

i never liked TC. but at college the Norm is TC only. previously in C++ programming course I used MS VC++ and referred Robert Lafore while college labs were using TC for C++ too.

Top Bottom