Help to Find

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Apologize for this offtopic post:

If anyone has a working installer of "No More Cookies", can you please upload it somewhere?
OR
Please provide the forum/thread link where I should post this?

The original site seems to be dead, the cnet and other dl site versions are, as usual, malware-rigged! I am reconfiguring a pc and do not have the installer handy!

Once again, sorry for the offtopic post!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
/Mod Edit/ : New thread created.

BTW, Please make a new thread for such queries in relevant section next time .. you will get better answers.

Vignesh B

Youngling
The download at Cnet is working properly. I couldn't find any malware in that.
Btw why do you want to use such an outdated software? I don't think even the developer is improving or providing support to the software.
There are plenty of other softwares like Ccleaner to delete cookies or even whitelist them. Even you can set all the major browsers to delete cookies.

OP
M

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
/Mod Edit/ : New thread created.

BTW, Please make a new thread for such queries in relevant section next time .. you will get better answers.

Hey Top, thanks a lot for not only pointing me to the right forum but also creating a thread for me! Really appreciate it! Thank you! :doublethumb:

The download at Cnet is working properly. I couldn't find any malware in that.
Btw why do you want to use such an outdated software? I don't think even the developer is improving or providing support to the software.
There are plenty of other softwares like Ccleaner to delete cookies or even whitelist them. Even you can set all the major browsers to delete cookies.

Thanks for replying.

The Cnet download packs a couple extra dlls - UserInfo and Processes - these are not part of No More Cookies.exe or Cnet's toolbar/dl mgr/whatever.

If you go here, you will see that it "might" be a backdoor vector. Sorry, but I do not have the time right now to reverse engineer dll code and confirm if the cnet dll does this.

Oh, and I am using this one as I have become too comfortable with it ;) - its anyway for a virtualized vanilla winxp ie 6 build.

Vignesh B

Youngling
Thanks for replying.

The Cnet download packs a couple extra dlls - UserInfo and Processes - these are not part of No More Cookies.exe or Cnet's toolbar/dl mgr/whatever.

If you go here, you will see that it "might" be a backdoor vector. Sorry, but I do not have the time right now to reverse engineer dll code and confirm if the cnet dll does this.

Oh, and I am using this one as I have become too comfortable with it ;) - its anyway for a virtualized vanilla winxp ie 6 build.
Ok.
But I think that maybe you are downloading using the cnet installer, rather than using the direct link.
I don't know much about reverse engineering & stuff, so can't help out with that! :oops:

OP
M

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
Ok.
But I think that maybe you are downloading using the cnet installer, rather than using the direct link.
I don't know much about reverse engineering & stuff, so can't help out with that! :oops:

Using direct download; did not even click on the "button" above it out of fear of catching a drive-by!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using direct download; did not even click on the "button" above it out of fear of catching a drive-by!

I've tried downloading the software myself and all I got 2 installer helper app from two different download sites ... and I did try them by executing the exe files but as they have no direct downbload link I've not installed those and those two installer helper apps were from trusted download sites.

The thing is the main publisher of no more cookies is no longer available AFAIK .. that's why it's PITA to find this app .. anyway, I'll look around more for this one.

OP
M

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
I've tried downloading the software myself and all I got 2 installer helper app from two different download sites ... and I did try them by executing the exe files but as they have no direct downbload link I've not installed those and those two installer helper apps were from trusted download sites.

The thing is the main publisher of no more cookies is no longer available AFAIK .. that's why it's PITA to find this app .. anyway, I'll look around more for this one.

Hey thanks Top! Exactly, the publisher's domain is up for sale!!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
get the software from here :
No More Cookies
and here's the Virus Total result :
*www.virustotal.com/en/file/632a7fa...a298c75d91fee9a020e7abd6/analysis/1363383936/

OP
M

Mario

Ambassador of Buzz
get the software from here :
No More Cookies
and here's the Virus Total result :
*www.virustotal.com/en/file/632a7fa...a298c75d91fee9a020e7abd6/analysis/1363383936/

Thanks Top - it appears that it packs a part of the nsis installer which is why those 3 "trojan" warnings are coming up but looks like its otherwise clean! Thanks for finding it for me! :thumbs:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
took 2 days of searching using multiple search engines ;-) and I've even installed this on win 8 but un-installed it anyway as I don't need to use such apps.

Top Bottom