HELP! Symantec Auto Protect

Status
Not open for further replies.

srijan007

Broken In
I have symantec client security. A couple of days back it said " Auto protect failed to load and didnt cite any reason. What is the problem? How can I rectify it? :?: :?: :?:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
hmm simple action can b just a reinstall.... but if u r more specific about the exact error messege... then would b better to understand... & also what OS , SP version u r using?

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
If you have the update file with you then reinstall is not a problem. The virus definition is hardly 8 mb so any way it should not be a problem. I usally donot use live update. I manually download the updates from symantec website.

shivaranjan.b

In the zone
I usually use manual download because:
1. The live update start usually when i browse and eats a lot of bandwidth.
2. I feel it will send the registration details to symantec server.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
2. I feel it will send the registration details to symantec server.

live update cab b config as not 2 send that...

1. The live update start usually when i browse and eats a lot of bandwidth.

once u have run the 8MB ofline update from then when u run the auto update the autoupdater will only going to download the new Defination files... not the whole 8MB update again... so it saves ur bandwidth... & u can manualy start live update when ur connection is idle...

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
just run the live update... it has 2 or 3 stage.... 1st stage is about connection to Symantec server....

when its connected it will show u a BOX to check & uncheck option to download... just uncheck which u dont want to download (Registry i think??)... then in the 2n or 3rd stage it will start to downloading....

or u can try this advance user utility... but b ware dont try it u r not sure how to do it..

also see this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom