Should i have taken a Seagate(TM) or a Samsung Hdd

• Samsung....(yuck)...

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

huzaifa b arab

GetUserTitle()
I have just finished assembling my friends PC .
AMD 64 2800+
ASUS K8N mobo (nforce3 chipset)with realtech 8ch audio..
256x2=512 mb ram
80 gb seagate SATA Ncq H.H.D
Inno 3D Ge-Force FX 5200 128 Mb AGP
Sony cd writer...

Now the problem is that the H.d.d is givin me almost no performance.
Its jus workin like a 2400 Rpm h.d.d. It is supposed to give me the speed
of 155 Mbps. I then removed the Hdd and put on my good old segate Barracuda(TM) 7200 rpm hdd and installed windows xp on it . The machine went blazing. I tried another cable , removed hdd , reinstalled the windows , connected it to different IDE channel ports, but all in vain. I contacted the vendor , he told me to try the hdd on a 400W smps i did that too.But all failed. Guy's Help me......my friend is now teasing me that i should have assembled him an Intel* based machine with a Samsung** hdd.
Guys , help me....Atleast AMD(TM) & Seagate(TM) lovers help me.....

NOTE :-
* Intel ---- SUCKS :lol:
** Samsung ----- SUCKS :p :p

InTEL told SamSUNG to Sing a Song...... :twisted:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
1 suggetion... u have tested ur system with deferent HDD... but u havnt tested ur HDD in another system... check it 2 b sure that it iisnt a hDD problem... & then if the problem hapens on another system... take the HDD 2 ur vendor..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm... You should have gone for Maxtor or Western Digital. Both Seagate and Samsung are yuck! Always have a backup of ur hard disk ready! Seagate can crash anytime without warning!

What is the use of a 5 yr warranty if it crashes 50 times??? And imagine loosing all ur data each time!

Huzefa

Journeyman
Gr8 . I'm going to buy a new HDD , What do u guys suggest? I was thinking of a SATA drive maybe seagate barracuda Any comments ? Or Samaung . Never met anyone using Maxtor or Western Digital, How are these in perfomance and reliability ?

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Im using Maxtor SATA 120 GB. Look around for Maxtor reviews if u r not sure! google for "review maxtor sata" ull get loads of info. Well, if u ask me, Maxtor HDDs are superb.

q3_abhi

Youngling
Can anyone tell me the difference between normal hard disks n SATA hard disks????????

SATA is faster about 15,000 RPM but then why the difference cannot be felt.?????

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
PATA is theoretically faster because while pata transfers 8 bits at a time, sata does it a bit at a time. But there are a lot of electrical properties that limit transfer speeds when using parallel transfers. Also parallel means low frequency transfers. SATA uses highfreq and low voltage transfers to avoid most of the pata problems. SATA uses less bulkier cable than pata but each cable can be upto 1meter. There can be only one drive per cable so ther's no master-slave hierarchy. Also, satas have low thermal and noise levels. But there was only very small difference in transfer speed compared to pata. But sata2 has beter speed differnce.

SATA don't mean 15k rpm. AFAIK, the fastest sata is about 10K rpm. SCSI drives, on the other hand, reach 15K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom