Help required in configuring a PC

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Hi everyone! I am planning to buy a gaming PC (Max ~ Rs. 50000) with the following configuration:
(i) Processor - AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition 3.2 GHz
(ii) Motherboard - MSi 880GMA-E45
(iii) RAM - GSkill Ripjaws DDR III 2*2 GB 1333 MHz
(iv) Hard Disk - Seagate Barracuda 500 GB 7200.11
(v) Graphics Card - MSi R6850 - PM2D1GD5
(vi) Monitor - BenQ E2220HD
(vii) PC Cabinet - Cooler Master HAF 922
(viii) Power Supply - Tagan TG500-U37
(ix) Optical Drive - Sony DRU-870S-ZR SATA DVD Writer
(x) Keyboard - (Option 1) Microsoft Sidewinder X4
(Option 2) Razer Arctosa
(xi) Mouse - Microsoft Sidewinder X3
(xii) HDMI Cable - MX 2692 19-pin HDMI Cable
(xiii) Mouse Mat - Not Required
(xiv) Speakers - Not Required
Now, I wanted some of my questions regarding this rig to be answered, which are:
1. Is this rig properly configured?
2. Is the power supply enough to power up this rig, or should I go for the TG600-U37?
3. Please suggest which keyboard, between the afore mentioned two, is better. I'd be mainly playing racing games and some FPS games. Personally, I am attracted to both of these keyboards, where Arctosas's design while X4's backlighting attracts me. So your opinion as well as other options (in the same price range, of course) are welcome.
4. Other Intel based rigs and better suggestions are also welcome.
5. I own an APC 500 VA UPS. Would it be enough or do I have to upgrade? In that case, please suggest a good value-for-money option. Thanks.

ssb1551

Technomancer
Yeah the rig is pretty much balanced.The PSU is good enough too.No idea about the keyboards.If you want an Intel based rig then better wait for a few days as Sandybridge was just launched in India & I aint so sure about its pricing.Others might know though.

I don't think that UPS will give more than 3-5 mins backup.Better get APC 800VA for 3.5k.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Wait for sandybridge. If you want amd only rig then opt for amd hexcores instead of x4 as they will be a bit futureproof in terms of performing over multithreaded applications.

Amd phenom2 x6 1065t + ecs 885gm a2 is a good option and the combo will cost you 12k.

For the psu , go for seasonic s12 ii bronze 520 @ 4.2k. A rocksolid product from a reputed brand. Also go for apc 1.1 kva @ 4.5k for ups.

OP
Imperial_Raj

Imperial_Raj

Broken In
Yeah the rig is pretty much balanced.The PSU is good enough too.No idea about the keyboards.If you want an Intel based rig then better wait for a few days as Sandybridge was just launched in India & I aint so sure about its pricing.Others might know though.

I don't think that UPS will give more than 3-5 mins backup.Better get APC 800VA for 3.5k.

Thanks a lot :-o. Now I think I'd be going for Sandy Bridge.

wait for Sandybridge

OK, I'd be waiting for Sandy Bridge but the query regarding the selection of keyboards still remains unresolved:sad:

Wait for sandybridge. If you want amd only rig then opt for amd hexcores instead of x4 as they will be a bit futureproof in terms of performing over multithreaded applications.

Amd phenom2 x6 1065t + ecs 885gm a2 is a good option and the combo will cost you 12k.

For the psu , go for seasonic s12 ii bronze 520 @ 4.2k. A rocksolid product from a reputed brand. Also go for apc 1.1 kva @ 4.5k for ups.

Thank you. but I'd be more happy if you resolved my query regarding the selection of keyboard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom