Help required for WiFi router

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Hey I'm also looking forward to buy this router, my main concern isn't speed, but coverage , around 4000 sq. feet, multiple floors, but the house is an old style house, dalanbari as they call it in Kolkata, the center of the house is open, so Wi Fi will possibly be unrestricted with the dual antennae.

PLease mention the price you get it at, and how it performs.

You are going to need a stronger router.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you want more range then get the model with detachable antennas(denoted by letter "D" in model no. like TP-LINK TL-WR941ND 300Mbps Wireless N Router - TP-LINK: Flipkart.com ) & then get these if you want to increase range even more:
TPLINK TL-ANT2408CL 2.4GHz 8dBi Indoor Omni-directional Antenna TP-LINK | eBay

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Guys..which is a good router which as an ON/OFF switch in built. I hate taking out the socket from the plug. Also I will use it via plugging in the RJ45 in the back, PPOE, which anyways asked no password or user name. So the cable has running net on it, just need it for this. A normal 2BHK house.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
if you mean a dedicated switch to turn on/off wifi without powering off router/different from power switch then i think many tp-link models have one.for a budget of ~3000 asus rt-n13u B1 is the router with most features including support for usb 3g modems.you can ask @dashing.sujay for details/experience etc regarding range but i am not sure if it has a dedicated wifi on/off switch cause of touch function & all that but you can confirm from @dashing.sujay.except this model all other good options are from tp-link only & out of the 2 models mentioned here 841N has a wifi switch.

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Guys..which is a good router which as an ON/OFF switch in built. I hate taking out the socket from the plug. Also I will use it via plugging in the RJ45 in the back, PPOE, which anyways asked no password or user name. So the cable has running net on it, just need it for this. A normal 2BHK house.

yeah my dsl router has wifi on/off switch. Its TPLink W896-1ND

OP
masterkd

masterkd

Padawan
Hi guys, sorry for late reply.
Bought the router on the last saturday @Rs. 1664 (incl all taxes)
So far service is all good, really easy to configure with lots of options for advanced users as well.
But the coverage is not that strong, kinda working ok for me but if any of you have a requirement for big coverage area go for something better.

@ asingh
if you need dedicated wifi on off switch I think all the routers have it cause I used 5-6 routers all together(mine/friends) and all of them have dedicated on off switch.

AND THANKS A LOT EVERYONE AGAIN FOR HELPING TO BUY THIS ROUTER. I'M REALLY HAPPY WITH THE PERFORMANCE FOR THE PRICE.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Guys..I just want a router with a power on/off. Does not matter about wifi on/off. If I switch off the router, it should go completely "dead". That is all that I want.

Top Bottom