Help regarding GPRS inet & Nokia 3220

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
i invested money in Nokia 3120 and all went waste as the main purpose was
surfing net but 3120 hasn't got a modem.

so i'm planning to buy Nokia 3220, if any experienced mate could confirm if
the gprs dialup works with 3220 would be very very helpful.

i have airtel postpaid & i'm frm Simla

thanks in advance.

kkg_mjh

Broken In
same here I bought 3120 and no use
then i buy nokia 6020
its better and has to many facilities like high speed gprs etc
and it comes only in Rs 5500 with data cable (bought 3 months ago)*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif[img]

OP
The Outsider

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
they are both almost the same except 6020 has got infrared, 3.5 mb memory & push to talk, on the other side 3220 has got no infrared, 4 mb memory, no push to talk & very cool looks which 6020 hasn't got.

compare here :
Code:
*europe.nokia.com/comparephonesconsumereurope

but i still need any kind 3220 user to confirm if internet works with it or not.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
i am using 3220 and if you are thinking to buy it, you have to struggle for a supported datacable. it is very tough to find out a correct datacable for it OR you have to buy original nokia datacable which can be cost 1k-1.2k.
Don't expect much from the phone, its single channel class 10 GPRS and class 6 EDGE, i never get original EDGE speed.
For using net at good speed, high budget phone is better like 6630,3230......... Phones like 3220,6020,6021 all has EDGE class 6, and for that you never get original EDGE speed, whereas 3230,6630 has EDGE class 10.

For 3120 modem driver, search on google about "nokia 3120 modem "driver

Last edited:

Pathik

Google Bot
@chester if u plan to buy it 4 arnd 6k then the best option wd be to take a ngage QD for 6.4k

int86

You'r Born Free
Dear chester,
dont waste ur money on 3220. I had 3120(no modem) n now i have 3220. Never buy a phone with data cable. Go 4 bluetooth or infra(N6021). PM me.

Pathik

Google Bot
@int its not that data cable fones r bad..... in fact in s60 all the data cable fones r awsum and offer better speed than BT or IR....

aku

Gonna make it BiG
3230 is havin EDGE class 6... so again u'll not get the real edge speed.

Alfansey06

Broken In
int86 said:
dont waste ur money on 3220. I had 3120(no modem) n now i have 3220. Never buy a phone with data cable. Go 4 bluetooth or infra(N6021)

oops did you say IR...?

bluetooth is better option, but IR is real headache. go for phone with BT or phone with which data cable is bundled in the pack.

choudang

Padawan
always use DATA Cable, cuz its stable then others. 3220 requires DKU-5 cable. just install NOKIA PC suite and configure the GPRS connection by entering the APN manually as airtelgprs.com

if you need further assistance.. just send a PM

OP
The Outsider

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
i have 3220 working fine, any tweaks to increase browsing speed (anythiing other than windows registery tweaks)

OP
The Outsider

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
like 1-2 KBps brwsing and 5-7 KBps downloading during evening time (7 pm to 11 pm)
& like 2-3 KBps browsing & 6-9 KBps downloading during daytime & after midnight

i have 3220, airtel postpaid, dku-5 which costed me 180 bucks + all registry tweaks & flashget as a dl manager.

what bout your speed mate

Last edited:

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
please tell me about registry tweaks ....
around first 2 months i getting your speeds, but don't know why after that i don't getting that speed, i do nothing extra... i call cc and they said your area not support EDGE..!!!!!!!!!!!! they just know nothing.... if registry tweaks can help me,, waiting....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom