Help regarding certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

adi007

Youngling
I just want to know all about the following certifications:

1.Sun Certified Professional or Java Certified Professional
2.Microsoft most Valuable Professional(Ex: vishal gupta)
3.Novell Certified Professional
4.CCNA

Just anything you know about it please post it here ..

Note:is there any certification for C or C++ or VB

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
can any one tell me
how to get these certificates,syllabus,fees structure,exam pattern,value of the certificate,age limit etc...

lywyre

Cyborg Agent
SCJP:

As of now you can appear for either 1.4 (CX-310-035) or 5.0 (CX-310-055)

Either of the costs Rs. 7200/- and is available at Prometric Testing Centres (NIIT). The same may also be available for Rs. 5100/- during offers.

*www.suntrainingcatalogue.com/eduse...h.do?p=/training/certification/java/scjp.html

1.4 Description: *www.suntrainingcatalogue.com/eduserv/client/loadCourse.do?coCourseCode=CX-310-035

5.0 Description: *www.suntrainingcatalogue.com/eduserv/client/loadCourse.do?coCourseCode=CX-310-055

Last edited:

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
1.Sun Certified Professional or Java Certified Professional
2.Microsoft most Valuable Professional(Ex: vishal gupta)
3.Novell Certified Professional
4.CCNA

1. SCJP - Java Certification, You may take SCJA before it if you which but considering that each exam is 7200 I think most will choose not to write. one of the recommended books is by Kathy Sierra and bert Bates. Another book recommended is the one by Khalid Mughal if I recall correctly. After you take your SCJP you may further progress by following the Certification path laid out by Sun of course. but You can fidn the details more in the links given above.

2. MVP - You don't write anything to become a MVP. You take part in local community events , Newsgroups , forums etc. Or at least I dont recall Microsoft presenting any kind of examination to become a MVP.

3. Novell Certified Professional- This months LinuxForYou has an article about which not only explains that but also expains RHCE and RHCT as well.

4. CCNA - Cisco certification - I really dont know the examination fees right now since I toook the exam with its first syllabus. CCNA is just a stepping stone to the vast array of subjects they have like CCNP CCIE etc. Im not sure they have it now but previously they had a design based series called CCDP and CCDA. I wrote both CCNA and CCDA but those were ages ago.

May I further recommend that yuo stick with a certain aspect of your field. Example taking SCJP and CCNA don't actually match common areas of expertise. Im a person who has switched fields like this and I highly recommend against it.

Hope this helps.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Everything is based on databases, so u can give OCP exam, to be on safer side

My bro has given SCJP and SCWCD but he is now working on a project thats related to unix and database.

Database is the common element in all kind of projects.

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
am in class 11....i wana do sumthing different den all ma frnds who r running after IIT....:p....is der ne cool course i shud go for after ma class 12???...am planning for Network Security but am also intrested in Animation stuff....and what are the salary expectations frm dose courses???

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
Yes, For VB theres MCSD , MCPD .... um theres a huge array of certifications from Microsoft but talking about them would kind of take alot fo time.

Here you go

*www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/certifications.mspx

As for C and C++ there are no certifications I know of. But Im pretty sure Brainbench had them. When the certificates were free I wrote a few and got the certificates :) (Network side stuff)

am planning for Network Security but am also intrested in Animation stuff....and what are the salary expectations frm dose courses??

I think you would be better off following a path you are interested in and then specializing in it rather than doing everything in sight. However this is just my opinion. You can find more about Animation stuff in one of the previous issues of Digit or Chip . I'mn ot sure which one though.

Pathik

Google Bot
Hey actually even i was interested in these certifications...
How do u apply for them..?? do u hav to go thru an institute or can u prepare urself and just give the exam??? and do they really help in getting jobs??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom