Help !! problem with my PC

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
Hey folks,

Is it really harmful to run 3D Mark 11 and 3D Mark vantage v1.1 on a PC ?

It stresses the computer parts, but running once shouldn't be a real trouble. But I am facing the trouble.

After completing the tests, then just browsing computer i faced the following problems :

1) PC was able to multi-task, but now when i run 4-5 programs.. the PC Is slowed like a Pentium III system. The mouse busy icon shows continuosly for more than 10 mins.

2) Then BSOD's appeared, upon which restarting didn't detect my Hard Disk in bios, so Boot failed. Turning the whole computer off for 1 min , solves the problem. But booting time has drastically increased to double time.

3) Some application setup icons in my folder doesn't show default icons, so if i keep open that folder for some 1 min, and try to copy even a 5MB file from any place to other place, the system hangs.. then after 2-3 minutes, BSOD.. again :-x

4) Sometimes, the CPU- widget doesn't seem responsive whereas GPU widget seems fine. so is my new processor failing ??

5) I have done Cinebench test, and the score dropped from 5.31 to 5.29 .. Is it really the new processor culprit ??

6) Currently running HD tune pro to check whether my Hard disk has bad sectors, but its showing 0.0% damaged, no bad blocks till now..

Even formatted my PC for 4 times within last 12 hours, and the problem persists, i guess those tests made my PC life terrible.

sukesh1090

Adam young
check your processor with prime 95,and check your ram with memtest may be the 3d mark has stressed something a lot and caused some problem.have you re installed your OS?

MegaMind

Human Spambot
@ashis_lakra, did u check the temps of the proccy while stress testing??

Possibly PSU not suuffice..

OP
ashis_lakra

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited
After running Prime95 for 30 mins, i got max 71C, my proccy idles at 45-48C in normal usage.

My all components are only 1 week only, PSU is 1 month old.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ he has already done it.

Even formatted my PC for 4 times within last 12 hours, and the problem persists

@ashis_lakra, remove HDD & plug it again. test HDD for error & check whole system temperature (specifically HDD) using CPUID HWMonitor.

MegaMind

Human Spambot
He has done that too..

Currently running HD tune pro to check whether my Hard disk has bad sectors, but its showing 0.0% damaged, no bad blocks till now..

@ashis_lakra, try disconnecting all the wires n reconnecting them all..

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
IF every HW component is good then there's no harm in runiing apps like 3D Mark 11 and 3D Mark vantage ;-)

Most probably there's some prob in detecting HDD - this could be a mobo sata port/sata data cable/PSU sata power connector issue

so test with another sata data cable
plug the HDD on some different sata port on the mobo
use another sata power connector coming out from the PSU.
If possible try out another HDD.

post back the results.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
If ones OC/GPU is stable Furmark is fine. One should know what they are doing. And also monitor system metrics at the same time.

Top Bottom