help please help !!

u100i

Broken In
hello all .
i am in trouble .
i want to buy a new motherboard for my old amd 5600 X2 processor , cuz my old one was giving me problems .
it was restarting randomly and giving up blue screen .
i am using two harddisks one 80 gb id and other 160 gb sata .
and they are working .( i checked them on my friend's pc .)
so please , can anyone suggest me a good motherboard for my amd 5600 processor .
thanks in advance .

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
r u sure its a MB problem have u checked the ram u can get any am2 mb from either asus, msi or gigabyte all of them r good brands

OP
U

u100i

Broken In
thanks for the reply .
yes i am sure it is a mb problem . i am using transcend ddr2 ram .
i replaced tha ram and got the same problem . i tried everything like replacing hardisk , ram , powersupply . but still the problem remains .

OP
U

u100i

Broken In
no i didn't . i was not aware that it can cause BSOD problem .
okay let me explain my problem , it started almost a month back , my pc threw BSOD once a day randomly , i didn't mind that . bust after few days it became more frequent . and it started showing while booting up windows . i decided to check my ram , cleaned it , and then put it back . Problem Remains .
then i decided to reinstall xp , everything was fine , but when i tried to install my display driver and sound driver , voila ! here comes the same blue screen again .
okay if you are with me so far , bear me for few more lines :)
my pc worked fine on safe mode , but not on normal mode . after that nothing worked .
i called one of me "techie" friend , he found three capacitor swollen/bulged on the motherboard , and suggested for replacement of mb .

Cilus

laborare est orare
upto 4000 rupees .

Then get the Biostar TA790GXE 128M motherboard @ 3.9K. Here is the link.
It is one of the best feature rich motherboard with support for all the AM3 processors like the high end 6 core 1090T and 1100T, has Crossfire support @ X8-X8 mode. So in future you can upgrade the processor very easily.

Another suggestion is a chepaer one considering investing a DDR2 based motherboard does not make more sense as DDR2 is a dying standrad and DDR3 is the mainstream. So you can get the Biostar A780L M2L+ Motherboard AM2+ @ 2.8K

OP
U

u100i

Broken In
thanks Cilus and all other guys for their suggestion and time .
@vwad - yaar that ( AMD 5600+ x2 ) was the second best option available at that time , which i could afford to buy .

Top Bottom