Help Pixelview Tv Tuner Sucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

sourav

In the zone
Hey! It's Sourav.
I have bought a PICELVIEWTV Tuner. It's drivers are not digitally signed. That's not the problem. But the problem is it sucks. Listen the software it gives, it sucks. The software given by it is very non user-friendly. After pressing the button scan to auto-tune on remote it starts scanning but if i click anywhere outside it stops and shows it's sucking face.

Now, Help me giving me the names of good TV Tuner software which I can use with my computer. Please. And you why?

Sourabh

Laptoping
Search the forums guys for PVR Softwares like Chris TV lite, WinDVR are some of the view simple yet effective tvtuners around.

With tvtuners and their softwares, you have to be a little patient. I know it gets buggy at times, but almost all PVR softwares take hell lotta time to finetune by themselves the first time around. So it makes sense to be patient first time around. Some softwares even provide the option to save channel list, which can be loaded /edited later on.

reddragon

In the zone
well in my case , the color reproduction is not good and sound is very very less . so what to do ? is it the problem of my TV tuner or anything else ?

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
I brought my TV Tuner 3 months before. I am used to it. But when I record it gives me lot of pain. It takes 1 gb space for 5 min of recording

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
reddragon said:
well in my case , the color reproduction is not good and sound is very very less . so what to do ? is it the problem of my TV tuner or anything else ?

Sound depends upon the type of card you're using. You may have which sends sound to your computer through PCI port or it is connected by a wire from TV Tuner line out port to your computer's line in port

If that one is connected to line in port then you increase the volume in Volume Control available in Windows Taskbar.

shaunak

Tux Fan
I Screamed I shouted I warned
Mayb i shouda painted a red and white neon sign.
no one listened
now suffer!
:D
the card uses an outdated btx+ chip which is the root cause of the pathetic quality. go in for a card with a phillips chip if your are buying another one.

try using christv it makes it marginaly better. get it from *www.chris-tv.com/

off topic:
A long long time ago in the cabinate kingdom there enterde a useless piece of hardware, a pixelview tuner. its drivers were useless and its software was one of the worst ever written.To make a long fairytale short, its divers were uninstalled and the device was laid to rest in an unused pci slot. then every one lived happily ever after.

Vyasram

The pWnster
honestech and pixelview make the total suckin combination. Hope they make a vaccum cleaner together instead of tv tuners. I use chris tv. The lite version is free and there are standard and pro versions as well.

Nitin_Tyagi

Broken In
Dear Sourav, I also have a Pixelview TV tuner Man but I am very much satisfied with it. and i even think that my pixelview bt878 Tv tuner is much better than some of the Reputed Tv tuners. WHY? Because i am able to comprss the captured video with 3ivx video codec,Divx,on2 or anything with a little care. The only problem is that i have to capture using windows 98 and for that only i always have win98 os on my computer besides winXP. I use
3ivxvideo codec with a compression ratio of 85% and later on i only have to compress the sound which is done in minutes with the help of virtual dub and all of my captured content takes only a little space on my hard disk. Maybe my funda can suit you too. And for ur information using my technique i have got songs with video stored onto my hard disk with each song taking as little space as 8 to 15 MB.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
Nitin_Tyagi said:
Dear Sourav, I also have a Pixelview TV tuner Man but I am very much satisfied with it. and i even think that my pixelview bt878 Tv tuner is much better than some of the Reputed Tv tuners. WHY? Because i am able to comprss the captured video with 3ivx video codec,Divx,on2 or anything with a little care. The only problem is that i have to capture using windows 98 and for that only i always have win98 os on my computer besides winXP. I use
3ivxvideo codec with a compression ratio of 85% and later on i only have to compress the sound which is done in minutes with the help of virtual dub and all of my captured content takes only a little space on my hard disk. Maybe my funda can suit you too. And for ur information using my technique i have got songs with video stored onto my hard disk with each song taking as little space as 8 to 15 MB.

OK I don't have so much space to record a movie and then make it small. plz help

Nitin_Tyagi

Broken In
I never said that you need a lot of space to capture video I am telling that for a 10 minute video you will need approximately 30-50 MB which is not a big matter But first tell me your Card's model Number.

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
But if I want to capture a whole movie then I need a lot of space. Because after capturing I can encode it.
Ok I don't remember the number but i will reply soon

Dipen01

Youngling
Well i am using Pixel View Play TV Pro BT878P+ since 4 months and it actually an average kinda card...

I am facing two problems...

1) The softwares (WinDVR / honestech TV (i d/led this one) ) neither of these work in Win 98.. so i have to keep XP just to watch TV.. WinDVR is the best software i have seen.. i have tried around 10 of em...but WinDVR is cool.. The recording quality is also good... you can vary it from settings as per your need..

2) The remote which is supplied by the card.. I am not able to use it with WInDVR or even honestech.. ( i am given some crap PixelStation software).. so it causes me lots of problems to manually change channels...

If these two problems get solved..then i will rate this as best card.. (atleast for my low level PC...PIII 1Ghz and 64 RAM)

OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
Dipen01 said:
Well i am using Pixel View Play TV Pro BT878P+ since 4 months and it actually an average kinda card...

I am facing two problems...

1) The softwares (WinDVR / honestech TV (i d/led this one) ) neither of these work in Win 98.. so i have to keep XP just to watch TV.. WinDVR is the best software i have seen.. i have tried around 10 of em...but WinDVR is cool.. The recording quality is also good... you can vary it from settings as per your need..

2) The remote which is supplied by the card.. I am not able to use it with WInDVR or even honestech.. ( i am given some crap PixelStation software).. so it causes me lots of problems to manually change channels...

If these two problems get solved..then i will rate this as best card.. (atleast for my low level PC...PIII 1Ghz and 64 RAM)

Ya! I agree with you. I also need that crap remote work on win dvr 3

Nitin_Tyagi

Broken In
sourav said:
But if I want to capture a whole movie then I need a lot of space. Because after capturing I can encode it.
Ok I don't remember the number but i will reply soon
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roughly U will need about 1.5 Gb for a full film that much is mandatory

Dipen01

Youngling
well the other day i recorded F1 Race of 1.5 hrs.. with VCD level quality.. and it took 1.5 GB..then i recorded in low level one... well u can say average quality..it took... 950 MB.. . But the quality was good..little bit enconding thru.. Virtual Dub mite do wonders..

But Win DVR records on MPEG-2 and its not supported by Virtual Dub.. so am in fix rit enow..

Sourabh

Laptoping
teknoPhobia said:
Anyon Know of any PCIe TV tuners available in India?

There are not any in India yet and chances of getting them any time soon seem to be slim. They have not picked up mainly due the availability of PCI slots in existing motherboards supporting PCI-e. So mostly there would be a free PCI slot, and with the truck load of options available in the platform, not many would go in for the pci-e counterparts if they were available. I read about some powercolor pci-e tvtuners and some aver media product announcements, but sadly not many options. I dont think any of these are available in India.

So I wonder why you are looking for a pci-e tvtuner, just out of curiousity or some modem and sound cards populating the available slots :p

Best option would be to get ATI AIW cards, they have just been introduced officially in India by Mediatech. But that is ofcourse you want to go that far and buy discrete graphic card with tv tuner capabilities.

Last edited:
OP
sourav

sourav

In the zone
Nitin_Tyagi said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roughly U will need about 1.5 Gb for a full film that much is mandatory

Oye I also recorded. GOD HELP ME.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom