Help-Pendrive not working properly!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajivrocks

Broken In
hi frnds,
i bought a Moserbaer pendrive 2GB model name:AZ601, last month, i have been using it but i'm experiencing a problem: whenever i remove it from Safely remove hardware wizard nothing happens, i mean no message is shown and if i remove it and again plugin i get the following error msg:
*img45.imageshack.us/img45/2540/desk12tw0.jpg

but if i restart my pc i can again access my pendrive until i eject it, the same problem continues...
i called the HP support they preferred me formatting my pc(they will always suggest restoring or formatting)...
i'm not in a mood of formatting coz last month i did format my pc due to some virus it was such a pain...

please guyz help me with your valuable suggestion...

P.S.-i'm using HPW5030IN
Windows xp wth service Pack2
-i tried my pendrive on my friends pc and its working fine.

OP
rajivrocks

rajivrocks

Broken In
The Unknown said:
Try it on a different USB port or on ur frnd's computer.
its running fine on my frnds pc, i tried it on almost 4-5 frnds pc its runnin SAFE nd good..
the problem lies in my pc so please help reagarding that, thanx anywayz:)

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
Buddy, buy a new USB card of Tech-Com or Intex and fix it in the PCI slot. Each one of them have 5-6 USB ports and everything works fine on them. I have in total 12 USB ports in my BOX. :)

OP
rajivrocks

rajivrocks

Broken In
The Unknown said:
Buddy, buy a new USB card of Tech-Com or Intex and fix it in the PCI slot. Each one of them have 5-6 USB ports and everything works fine on them. I have in total 12 USB ports in my BOX. :)
couldnt get you what is a USB card??
are you talking about USB ports??

sumeetindia

Journeyman
If using an too long extension for USB .Then it may not work.
Have u tried this pendrive in some other P.C.
have u tried inserting and ejecting drive by computer management
(Procedure:
rt click my comp->Manage->got removable storage in left hand side pane->
Select ur pendrive ->Rt click select eject and then inject)

BTW If its pain to format your PC eveytime Then I will suggest u o use NORTON GHOST.
Make a fresh installation and make a backup of entire drive.(Use compression to save space)
The backup and restore operations don't take more than 10~15 mins

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Are you using Windows XP SP2 with all updates?

b'coz when my cousin's Laptop had XP Pro (non SP2) it also gave these kind of error, but these errors never occured after SP2 was installed on that Laptop.

sometimes, when i plugged in my Camera (thru USB), that XP Pro wud identify it as a new Hard Drive :D & request for a Restart (as XP wud install proper drivers for Non existent HDD:-|, confusing isnt it? :?)

+++++++++++++++++
EDITED
+++++++++++++++++

try Standard Recovery, it'll not format any drive, it'll just Install XP in C: Drive, without affecting the files there & in other Drives.:wink:

+++>>or remove the USB connector frm m/b-> Boot->Shutdown -> re-insert the cables-> boot again.

Last edited:

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
I Think You Are Using cursor xp it Has Many Bugs And Virus Just Have A Check That You May Not be Having Virus Because From My Point Of View Nothing Seem
To Be A Problem with Your Pen drive It's Exactly The Virus Which May Be Showing Irrelevant Messages

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try formatting the thump drive and install latest autopatcher, so that winxp uses latest USB drivers and fix most bugs.
Also do a virus scan with AVG 7.6 and install Ad-aware latest and remove any adware,malware or trackers.

Also on folder options> enable 'show hidden files nd folders' and also uncheck "hide protected operating system files" and see if there is any hidden exe files or somethin in ur thump drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom