HELP!!!! Note 2 won't connect to WiFi

lalam

In the zone
Note 2 won't no longer connect to WiFi after updating tot he latest firmware - 4.1.2. Keeps telling me weak signal and refuses to obtain IP address, it does not even register as a connected device on my modem configuration page. Point is it was working fine prior to me updating to the latest firmware. Now though it sees the network it just refuses to connect while other devices i own works flawlessly. Please help, i just don;t know what to do

It won't even connect via WPS! Please help!

Last edited:

dixit8611

Journeyman
Check the settings for " wifi power saving mode" and disable the wifi power saving if any.
Or
Roll back to previous version.

OP
L

lalam

In the zone
Thanks and i have tried the above but the problem persist. Tried connecting the device with a Belkin Modem/Router and it works just fine. The problem seems to be with the TP Link modem/router and not the phone.

OP
L

lalam

In the zone
Yep updated via OTA and the problem sprang up. Though i blamed the TP Link Modem/Router, it isn't at fault afterall. It sucks to do this everytime but my workaround this problem - Run FXR Wifi Fix And Rescue (Available at PlayStore) everytime i want to connect to wifi then restart the phone. I up the IP Pool number to 150 in the Modem/Router configuration page too for the phone always wants to assign itself 192.168.1.128
It works but have to restart everytime.

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
Yep updated via OTA and the problem sprang up. Though i blamed the TP Link Modem/Router, it isn't at fault afterall. It sucks to do this everytime but my workaround this problem - Run FXR Wifi Fix And Rescue (Available at PlayStore) everytime i want to connect to wifi then restart the phone. I up the IP Pool number to 150 in the Modem/Router configuration page too for the phone always wants to assign itself 192.168.1.128
It works but have to restart everytime.

Download the corresponding ROM from the samfirmware site and flash that after wiping data and cache.

Mr. Officer

Rookie
I updated to 4.1.2 on my Note II via OTA and have seen a drop in battery performance.

Few guys on XDA stated the same and reflashed 4.1.2 stock ROM [French] and the battery backup got back to normal = incredible !

FW listed on Sammobile for India is same for a few EU countries.

The version I've on my Note II is different from the one on Sammobile.

I wonder if it'll prove to be useful in our respective issues ?

Paras Lehana

Journeyman
I updated to 4.1.2 on my Note II via OTA and have seen a drop in battery performance.

Few guys on XDA stated the same and reflashed 4.1.2 stock ROM [French] and the battery backup got back to normal = incredible !

FW listed on Sammobile for India is same for a few EU countries.

The version I've on my Note II is different from the one on Sammobile.

I wonder if it'll prove to be useful in our respective issues ?

Battery issues are more related to kernels. So, yeah, may be the kernel of that french one is cool enough! :)

But as I've said updating (via) OTA is not a cool option. Rather, you should try updating via Kies.
You may also try flashing the Indian one downloaded from Sammobile and then changing the kernel if you ain't satisfied with the one with it.

Mr. Officer

Rookie
The FW available on Sammobile for India is 1 GB ???

All the Roms that I've flashed till date haven't crossed 250 - 300 mb !!

OP
L

lalam

In the zone
The firmware is hosted on Hotfile which sucks on a major scale. For such a huge file wish someone would upload it on torrent sites, though i did find one the size mismatch caused me to not download it.

For the Wifi connection problem another workaround i found - While turning the Wifi on, dial - *#0011# and open menu then go to Wifi. Turn off the wifi power saving mode. This seems to always work compared to the previous workaround i posted.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
after the latest update to N7100XXDLL7, my play store is broken. It gives me 495 error while trying to update any existing app. Downloading a new app is still working.

Tried many things like - uninstalling the updates to play store, clearing cache and data of both download manager and play store, disabling and enabling play store etc.. nothing worked. Any fixes/help??

evil_maverick

Journeyman
after the latest update to N7100XXDLL7, my play store is broken. It gives me 495 error while trying to update any existing app. Downloading a new app is still working.

Tried many things like - uninstalling the updates to play store, clearing cache and data of both download manager and play store, disabling and enabling play store etc.. nothing worked. Any fixes/help??

fix 1 - delete your google account from accounts and sync ....restart the phone and add that account again..try now... if tat doesnt work try the next one...

fix 2 -
Hold the menu+power+vol up key,
the fone will reboot,just at the first screen(galaxy note 2 screen) release the power key,
you will get the recovery screen
do a wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache (select the options with the power key)
reboot
your problem should be solved...
p.s plz take a backup of all your data....

amallica

Right off the assembly line
Note 2 won't no longer connect to WiFi after updating tot he latest firmware - 4.1.2. Keeps telling me weak signal and refuses to obtain IP address, it does not even register as a connected device on my modem configuration page. Point is it was working fine prior to me updating to the latest firmware. Now though it sees the network it just refuses to connect while other devices i own works flawlessly. Please help, i just don;t know what to do

It won't even connect via WPS! Please help!

did u try installing, wifi analyzer, and wifi connector library ? both are on the play store. they fixed my issue with 4.1.2 wifi issue at home when trying to connect to my router. no config is needed .just install them, and try to reconnect to router.

Top Bottom