help needed (windows Xp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

churchinvirus

Right off the assembly line
when i strt my windows it shows a message sayin "u hv been a victim of software counterfeiting" i want to remove dat window!! hw can i do that!!

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Yes this message comes in pirated version.Plz use genuine windows.
Take a look:*www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000597.html

Pathik

Google Bot
hehe watever u do ... turn off windows automatic updates...
btw tell ur engineer to get u a original copy of xp/vista...

turn of smart acts of Windows...I m nt advocating piracy but Windows Update,Security Center,Error Reporting etc etc..irritate a lot and also consume vital computer resources..

shantanu

Technomancer
A> use genuine windows.
B> never update your PC if you have non-genuine windows:D:D
C>now format your comp. and reinstall windows..
D>thats all.

:D:D:D:D

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Buy PC but still I will suggest u to keep automatic update enabled as MS still provides important updates to the non-genuine copies.

unni

In the zone
Instead of automatic updates, why not use Autopatcher? As mentioned above, turning off automatic updates, error reporting, security center including firewall (if you install another one) and some other services is the best thing to do not only to avoid such problems in future, but also from a security point of view. Also use tweaking utilities like XP Antispy and SafeXP to disable unnecessary options. This thread might be useful (one method): y u want to chane now!! :D

morpheusv6

Journeyman
Get Vista. Here in Bangalore the upgrade version costs Rs. 5713(Home Premium) + 4% VAT.
And this can be installed as a clean install without amounting to piracy. Just search the net(zdnet.com).

shantanu

Technomancer
^^ but for upgrade he must have a Windows Xp hime edition legal copy :D:D:D

and if you dont have that just dont have the express upgrade coz you wont be able to activate it in clean install..

so just dont.. first ry and sort out this problem ,, by either anand k 's method or Buy original home edition and then apply SP2 over it ...

home edition is 4k

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
shantanu_webmaster said:
A> use genuine windows.
B> never update your PC if you have non-genuine windows:D:D
C>now format your comp. and reinstall windows..
D>thats all.

:D:D:D:D

Agree with above. Bu am afraid u will be able to reinstall XP successfully.:confused:

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^Dude its nothing to do with piracy.It just removes the annoying WGA notifications and does not touch validation itself,read the info given in that link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom