help needed guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicky_l7

free as a bird
I have windows xp with sp2 whenever i tried to enable show hidden files in folder option it resets itself to do not show hidden files and it doesnt shoew hidden files and i want to edit boot.ini i am able to open it but it is not allowing me to edit it.

shadow2get

In the zone
ok ... Got these from the NET.

Here are 3 options what you can try.

OPTION 1:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
You can run SFC utility for checking system files corruption. You would be needing the XP cd if some system files are corrupt.

Run this in the command prompt.

sfc /scannow

For more information regarding SFC, click the link below:
*www.updatexp.com/scannow-sfc.html

You can then try the normal routine for showing Protected/System files from Folder Options.

OPTION 2:
This is a Registry Modification hack. Backup your current registry before applying any of the following.

Backup Registry Help: *support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

Right Click the link below & save it. Double Click/Click the registry file. Press YES to continue addition to registry.

*www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/savesettings.reg

Reboot & Check if it works now.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

OPTION 3:
Right Click the link below & save it. Double Click/Click the VB script file. Press Yes to execute the script.

*www.kellys-korner-xp.com/regs_edits/showhiddenfiles.vbs

Reboot & Check if it works now.

Lemme know if any of them worked.

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
vicky_l7 said:
I have windows xp with sp2 whenever i tried to enable show hidden files in folder option it resets itself to do not show hidden files and it doesnt shoew hidden files and i want to edit boot.ini i am able to open it but it is not allowing me to edit it.

it's a win32-TR worm i think this came from your recently connected USB devices like pendrives,i-pod e.t.c;

So first system restore if also problem persists use a good scanner also here a virus scanner Avast Antivirus can help you even though you are infected with a worm

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Before you do anything.........
turnoff system restore.

Restore your XP..and do full scan in safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom