help needed for lan card driver software??????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry_nitish

Broken In
hi folks i have a intel p4 processor 2.0ghz with a 128 mb ram and 40 gb samsung hard disk

i have windows xp sp1 on my e: and windows98se on my c:
recently i ran into a problem and had to do a whole system reinstallation of windows98se. now the major problem started i had to connect to the internet but my ehternet was not installed and what more adds to this was that i had lost my ethernet installation floppy disk. so i cant connect to the internet

but when i had the floppy of installation i used it to install ethernt driver on my win xp so i still have my driver installed on my win xp and can acess internet thru it.

so guys can u give me any tips clues software or any way thru which i can make ti run on my win98se and also have the driver software.
the name of the lan card is (tech-com fast ethernet adapter 32-bit pci 10/100mbps). so can u help me on this matter

Delpiero

Journeyman
What's the chipset of the lancard? If it's something like RTL8169 it's realtek. What's written on the lancard? Open your cabinet and tell.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
well, since your xp can internet, you can go to the lan card company and download the driver for 9x version.
Here you go:
*www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-3.aspx?series=16&Software=True

OP
H

harry_nitish

Broken In
hi i did as per what yu said but its still ot working. in my hardware devices still the ethernet controller has been shown an unknown device by an exclamation mark and when i try to reinstall it by the zip file u provided by the linkl it does not find any and a remark comes that windows did not find the driver and do you want to finish

i dont have my ethernet card installation floppy disk and in my hardware devices ethermet controller is shown as an unknown device so i want to ask is there any way out. ihave also earlier said to u that i have a running xp on my e: with ethernet installed so is there any way that i can send my this installation or use any specific path or file 4m xp to get rid of my problem. also i have an another problem thee is some problem with my xp installation and so i want to do a reinstallation by formatting the drive so to have no problem so what i want u to do is suggest me the way so that i can keep a backup of my instaled ethernet or any other internet needed hardware devices so that i can reaquaire without any problem after reinstallation

also lastly i want to ask all of u that is thr any software that can check all my hardware devices and reinstall any corrupted or any type of mistake in my driver directly or thru the net. i willl be very grateful even if u can help me in any of my problem.please do send responses.

OP
H

harry_nitish

Broken In
its getting late pls anyone help me b4 i run out of the problem i get it u dont have enough brain power to solve the problem. pls send me some suggestions or reply quickly

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
lan card

go 2 techcom ka site,download the lan card drivers frm there, its *.rar file, so u need winrar 2 open it,its got drivers for most of the OS'es.

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
1st thing .. you may try to download the installation file again .. the one you downloaded could be corrupted!
*www.softwarepatch.com/utilities/realteknic.html or
*www.network-drivers.com/drivers/217/217119.htm

2nd .. try completely uninstalling the device
my computer (right click) -> properties -> device manager
select your device and completely unintall it .. then restart comp.
in next restart it should identify new device
Now, when it asks for driver files .. browse and select the 'win98' folder in the unzipped folder
(the win98 folder must be having a "net98.inf" .. or similar file)

tell us if this helped

-----
alibi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom