Graphics Adapter: AMD Radeon HD 6630M 1024 MB
Display: 15.6 inch, 16:9, 1366x768 pixels, glossy: no
Back led key board
Weight: 2.52kg
3yr warranty
Price @ local retailer: Rs 51500/-

Pros :
HP dv6 6140tx : Good sound , looks good
HP Vostro 3550: Non Glosy Screen , Back led keybord ,9 cell Battery, thin and 3yr warranty , @51500

Cons:
HP dv6 6140tx: Glosy Screen, bit bulky, backup only upto 3hrs,
HP Vostro 3550: Audio o/p with inbuit speakers good.

Confusion: I will use this laptop for virtualization (2-3 vm linux server), playing game (m not hard core gamer so not too much), to create video tutorial (video editing), listening to music .
So my Priority are at lease 3 yr waranty , Built quality must be good dont want to buy laptop again and again. Good backup

So Please provide your "valuable suggestion"

Note: These reviews has been collected from diff sites

Dell Vostro 3550:
Review Dell Vostro 3550 Notebook - Notebookcheck.net Reviews

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Why have you mentioned an i5 laptop when you need i7 ? And whats your budget?
It'd be better if you fill the questionnaire.

OP
I

iampiyush

Right off the assembly line
Code:
Why have you mentioned an i5 laptop when you need i7 ? 
And whats your budget?It'd be better if you fill the questionnaire.

Sorry by mistake i have written wrong specs.
My budget is 45-52k

Code:
Consider this Asus K53SV-SX521D
Better than both the laptops you have listed above in every aspect
Thanks, i also own "asus 1215b" but 3 times i have replaced its display once hdd and finally laptop is been replaced once so not good experience with it. so want to experience another brand.

aroraanant

Explorer
Then go and try out sony laptops, but in sony if you want i7 it will cost you much more than the above mentioned laptops.
And even if you consider Dell XPS laptops with i7, they will also cost you more than above mentioned laptops.As XPS with i7 costs around 60k
I don't recommend to go for hp or lenovo laptop.

Last edited:
OP
I

iampiyush

Thanks , but i want to have a no problem laptop i am buying it from my first salary so it should worth it ,
you can also suggest me for i5 with 1G GPU
but i want a laptop which can be used for next 4 yrs (with good built quality).
what about lenovo Z570 with i5

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Z570 has got some negative feedbacks regarding built and quality components. If i5, look no where excpet CB35. See my sig for its review. Also, take HP as last option. I said just because rest of the options were not falling in your budget.

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^
But CB35 is discontinued now.He will get only CB45 and even that is gonna take exit from the market now very soon

@OP-if you get a CB35 is some local showroom then just grab it

aroraanant

Explorer
Sorry by mistake i have written wrong specs.
No issues,after we are human beings and if we will not to mistakes then who will do... ;)

Thanks, i also own "asus 1215b" but 3 times i have replaced its display once hdd and finally laptop is been replaced once so not good experience with it. so want to experience another brand.
Even if I would be at your place I would have gone for some other brand.
So now even I want you to buy something other than Asus.
So if you wan the best laptop which is worth and that too you are getting it from you first salary then I would suggest you to get Dell XPS or any Sony C series laptop which you like,just tell us the model no. and we will tell you more info about the same.
Or I can tell you one thing more also, if you can increase your budget you can also have a look at Macbook Pro 13" from ebay for 60k.

:)

After all we buy laptops every month for someone or the other and sony has come with new laptops which are costlier then their previous models also.And we know much better which is good and which is bad. :)

OP
I

iampiyush

Hi all ,
i finally taken decision and selected ASUS K53SV-SX521D among rest of Laptops. I just got it and installing it , soon after installing i'll provide detailed review on the same.

I am really excited and with this, its like a god for me (Asus Tujhme raab dikhta hai yara main kya kahoon).

I think my deal is awesome check this out:--

ASUS K53SV-SX521D
--------------------
Intel Core i7 2670QM
RAM: 8GB
nVIDIA Geforce GT540M -- 2GB
HDD: 750GB
USB 3.0
2yr Asus Warranty
PRICE : 45,000/- INR :sealed: :hyper:

Last edited:

aroraanant

Explorer
^^^^
OP has already bought the asus laptop.
So I suggest you to read the whole thread before posting something from next time.

@OP-Congrats dude...Now I guess we have many people on TDF who have got that laptop.Post review if you can,it can help others.BTW for how much did you bought it and from where.

aroraanant

Explorer
Offtopic:
Just correcting you:
(Asus Tujhme raab dikhta hai yara main kya kahoon)
It is:
tujhme rab dikhta hai yaara main karu ;)
He He ;)

An BTW you got a very good deal.From where did you bough it?
Any freebies you got?

OP
I

iampiyush

Hi every One again met with new problem,
So story starts here
I bought

Code:
ASUS K53SV-SX521D
--------------------
Intel Core i7 2670QM
RAM: 8GB
nVIDIA Geforce GT540M -- 2GB
HDD: 750GB
USB 3.0
2yr Asus Warranty
PRICE : 45,000/- INR

I was very happy with the performance it was really a great buy, but i found a black mark on screen i tried to wipe it out but it was from inside screen, i went to shop ask for a new piece he(shopkeeper) told me that they don't have another piece (actually what i have bought it was an open demo piece) i have to wait for 1 week for a new i wait for a week then called him ,they didn't respond on 12th day i went there and ask for a refund they told me it is out of stock so take another laptop. Finally he returned me whole amount in cash, Now again my search begins.

Now @aroraanant and @dashing.sujay please help me again

Code:
1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
52,000 INR max

2) What size notebook would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Which country will you buying this notebook? Also state that if 
INDIA,AP,Hyderabad

4) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
NO

5) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
A: Running 2-3 Virtual Machines, each with at least 1GB RAM, Watching Movies, Playing Games  

6) Will you be taking the notebook with you to different places, leaving it on your desk or both?
A: Maximum time Carrying with me.

7) Will you be playing games on your notebook? If so, please state which games or types of games?
A: NFS and 2009-2010 (m not a hard core gamer)

8) How many hours of battery life do you need?
A: 3hrs

9) Would you prefer to see the notebooks you're considering before purchasing it or buying a notebook on-line without seeing it is OK?
A: Want to see is first.

10) What OS do you prefer? Windows (XP or Vista or Windows 7), Mac OS, Linux, etc.
A: WIN7,LINUX

Screen Specifics

11) What screen resolution(s) would you prefer?
1300PIX

Points to consider:--
1. Piece of Mind.
2. Good Built Quality.
3. Good Performance.
4. Should have Extended warranty Support.
5. Great ASS.
6. Long Life I Don't want to buy Laptop for next 5yr (i.e. should not make me feel outdated)

sc3n3l0v3r

Journeyman
@iampiyush - bro simply grab a Sony Laptop

Might at your budget you will not get a i7 but i5 is also good.
Sony VAIO C Series VPCCB45FN Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Sony Notebook take a look it will be nyc deal :)

Top Bottom