Help ! Need a good DSLR for 40-50k

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Anant,
D5200 costs about 40k, there is no Canon peers in this price range. 600D costs about 29k and 60D costs about 52k

I don't know whether that extra 11k worth for D5200's bumped up features.

D7000 costs about 65k.

Pranav, I guess so ;)

Sujoy, I wonder what's so great of 650D or 700D... We can get 60D for the same price but with lot of better features.

Upadhyay

Broken In
All the cameras that you and everyone else has mentioned are far more capable than what they are normally used for. Being new to DSLR I will advise you to go for any entry level offering from Nikon/Canon with the basic kit lens and save money for future upgrade/accessories.

If you want to do a detailed comparison then you can follow the given link but frankly it doesn’t mean much at this point of time. So just pick any one you like and your pocket allows and shoot as much as you can.

Side by Side Comparison: Digital Photography Review

aroraanant

Explorer
Anant,
D5200 costs about 40k, there is no Canon peers in this price range. 600D costs about 29k and 60D costs about 52k

I don't know whether that extra 11k worth for D5200's bumped up features.

D7000 costs about 65k.
So which one do you recommend?

nac

Aspiring Novelist
For 40k?

600D or D5100, the one your friend likes and save the rest of the amount...

sujoyp

Grand Master
@nac I really think 650D is very hi tech...although I forgot most good things but here is the link u can read Canon EOS 650D: The Touch Advantage | Better Photography

I really admire its 9 cross point hybrid autofocus system which is unique....all others in that range have just 1 cross point point...

60D is a big failure...its only good for its dual wheels and better body else D7000 is much better than that

@nac D7000 body cost around 50k just add a 18-55 lens and it may come for around 57k :)

but lastly for newbie I now think D7000 with soo many option is just too much...but I wont neglect D5200 just coz at ISO 3200 or any superficial studio result shows that its poor then D5100 ...D5200 have much better focussing system and great metering mode which is great

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Anant, Yeah, sure you can get D5200 in that budget. But just that I don't think the extra money you pay worth the upgrade...

Sujoy, Failure :blink:

This new AF system may have slight edge over 60D's, but it seems 60D's is not bad either. And I don't fancy touch screen and I don't think many dslr users would... May be a deeper research on these two cameras may help me knowing better.

aroraanant

Explorer
He liked D5200 more, So I have order it last night, got it for 39k.
Do you guys think I could get a better deal than this?

divya magvani

Broken In
Hi guyz i have recently gone to a camera shop in mumbai and i got prices as below:

Nikon-D3200-31000Rs
D5100-31000Rs

Canon-600d-31000Rs

sony-A58-31000Rs

(All the models above mentioned were avaulable @ given prices with:
18-55mm lens+ 1 UV Filter+ 4gb memory card + Bag)

Guyz really got confused between all of those plz ur help is needed urgently found Grips of D5100 and canon 600d good , not handled D3200 and A58 due to out of stock but shopkeeper told me that it is available in 2-3 days

What to do now PLZZ help ASAP!!??:shock:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Good. You friend has decided quickly...

It's the best deal I know of... :thumbs:

A58 for 31k :shock: That's one helluva deal... Even the older one A57 costs 40k+

Don't know much about this camera, it was just announced two months back. I doubt it will be available in Indian market any time soon.

No need of any confusion. You have tried both D5100 and 600D and liked Nikon. Better go ahead and buy it...

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
Hi guyz i have recently gone to a camera shop in mumbai and i got prices as below:

Nikon-D3200-31000Rs
D5100-31000Rs

Canon-600d-31000Rs

sony-A58-31000Rs

(All the models above mentioned were avaulable @ given prices with:
18-55mm lens+ 1 UV Filter+ 4gb memory card + Bag)

Guyz really got confused between all of those plz ur help is needed urgently found Grips of D5100 and canon 600d good , not handled D3200 and A58 due to out of stock but shopkeeper told me that it is available in 2-3 days

What to do now PLZZ help ASAP!!??:shock:

At the same price point I'd choose the 600D over the D5100.

Avoid the D3200 at this price. Cant say anything about the A58, as I dont even know its specs, but I did try a A37 once. Very imoressed at the speed of focussing in live view but equally dissapointed at the EVF so I cant really recommend it or recommend against it. All said, I'd pick the 600D if I were you. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
@divya ...the easiest thing to do now is to hold both 600D and D5100 in hand and which ever feels better in ur hand get that...check grip, weight, button layout, screen ...internally both r equally capable....sorry I dont know much about A58

@Nac the 60D is not a failure in compared to 650D but a failure in respect to old 50D ....there is not much upgrade...and when 60D was released people were very disappointed by it

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Hey everyone, seems like all the photography buffs are here :)

Just wanted an opinion of why an SLR and not a mirroless (MILC)

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/cameras-camcorders/172921-buying-mirrorless-camera.html

Ayuclack

*qwich.in
Think No More Get The D5200 With 18-105 Kit or 18-55 Kit !!!!

I tell You what All Nikon User Will Say You Nikon And All Canon Will Say Go With Canon ... I personally Was Confused Between Both 650D and D5200 1 month Ago But I Chose Nikon Due To More Flexibility that they offer and their Price in Both Lenses and Body !!! If You are Gona Shoot Videos then Go With The 650 D !!! With Installing Magic lantern You Can do Many Thing with It... If You are gona use it for Photos then go with Nikon D5200 I got it for 41K with 18-55 Kit with warranty all all that free Stuff !!!

So its Your Choice !!

Last edited:
Top Bottom