Help!!! My UBUNTU crashed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
Help me please...

My Ubuntu crashed coz I tried to upgrade my GNOME with one of the mirrors
GNUrag gave me and after that i restarted the system...
On restart, I logged in as usual and nothing but the wallpaper was visible... :oops:

I am unable to go into Ubuntu now... :sad:

Please help me.. esp. GNUrag... coz he knows the list he gave and can help me...

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
This does not look like a major problem press Alt Ctrl F1 and loggin as root then change the desktop to kde or any other desktop manager. Then you can troubleshoot the problem.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
Give some more context of this problem. Like what else did you try to install besides GNOME.

that sources.list file was my own personal sources.list file and i had personally upgraded my gnome to 2.8.1 a month back.

one thing you can do to trouble shoot is to login to shell from CTRL + ALT + F1 and login as root. then add a new user using # adduser . Then try logging in from this user id.

OP
cool_dude_prav

cool_dude_prav

In the zone
OKIE ill try and tell ya the result 2mrw...

Till then please keep your suggestions flowing in...

@pradeep.. I dont think that Ubuntu has a KDE desk... Or does it?

@slam team... Lemme tell this straight I know I use windows and stuf... But the truth is windows s**ks...

Slam Team

Journeyman
Well.. There are no. of ways to resolve it.. U jus have to maintain ur system with some nice s/w 's .. And reinstalling is not an option for me..Win rarely crashes for me. I use original windows xp with sp2 .. I love Windows.. Since I haven't tried tux yet .. I don't know abt it.. Gonna try it soon.. take it light d00ds..

demoninside

In the zone
Hey Slam i too use window orignal copy(SP2)
but man i find it the worst when i compare it to linux,,

so if u think orignality is a issuee then u r wrong my friend.....................

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
OH,this is such a long story that what i suggest that you go and meet some one who is a linux user. There you will be able to witness the power of linux first hand and understand "what's so good in Linux man..."

demoninside

In the zone
Ya i think sailendra is right

* but yes slam u r totly ignorent to power of linux or u won't be asking this----

but let this talk over here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom