help me with this build........

sujendra7

Broken In
1. What is the purpose of the computer? What all applications and games are you going to run? (Stupid answers like 'gaming' or 'office work' will not work. Be exact. Which games? Which applications? Avoid the word 'et cetera.')
Ans:Mainly for gaming and games like Black Ops 2, NFS mostwanted, The Run, Civilization 5 , Crysis series.

2. What is your overall budget? If you can extend a bit for a more balanced configuration, then mention this too.
Ans: Maximum of 40k(excluding graphix card)

3. Planning to overclock?
Ans:may be in future

4. Which Operating System are you planning to use?
Ans:Windows 7 ultimate

5. How much hard drive space is needed?
Ans: 1 TB is enough(already have 500+160 GB HDD)

6. Do you want to buy a monitor? If yes, please mention which screen size and resolution do you want. If you already have a monitor and want to reuse it, again mention the size and resolution of monitor you have.
Ans:NO, i have Dell 20"

7. Which components you DON'T want to buy or which components you already have and plan on reusing?
Ans:keyboard,mouse,ups, speakers and monitor

8. When are you planning to buy the system?
Ans:by November(2012) end

9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
Ans:done by assembler

10. Where do you live? Are you buying locally? Are you open to buying stuff from online shops if you don't get locally?
Ans:pune, planning to buy from online store like flipkart. if anybody know local store in pune pls tell me...

11. Anything else which you would like to say?
Ans:please rate this build
Mobo : ASRock Z77 Extreme6 or MSI Z77A-G45
CPU : i5 3570k
RAM : Gskill 2*4 GB 1600
HDD : WD 1 TB Blue

please suggest some good PSU+cabinet which runs good if i add GTX 650 graphix card(planning early in 2013)

Thanks
Sujendra

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Intel i5 3570k -14k
ASRock Z77 Extreme6 -12.5k or Asrock Z77 extreme4 -10.5k
G.Skill RipjawsX(1600MHz)(F3-12800CL9S) 4GB*2 - 3k
Corsair cx500v2 -3.3k
WD caviar blue 1TB -4.8k
NZXT source 210 elite -2.6k or CM elite 311 plus -2.7k
Asus DRW-24B5ST - 1k

Don't buy gtx650.HD7770 performs better than gtx650 and costs lesser.

Alternatively,if you can sacrifice overclocking then you can get i5 3550+h77mobo and use the saved money for a better card like hd7850 or gtx660.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Try this
Asus P8Z77-M Asus P8Z77-M Intel Z77 Chipset Motherboard or ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
Asus P8Z77-V LX Asus P8Z77-V LX Intel Z77 Chipset or ASUS ASUS P8Z77-VLX Motherboard | Motherboard | Flipkart.com
G1.Sniper M3 *www.flipkart.com/gigabyte-g1-snipe...THAT&ref=d89791c7-b3ba-4968-b2c3-1ac17a9c24c5

they are better than the Asrock's mentioned...

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^Care to explain how all these motherboards are better than asrock z77 extreme6?
No doubt all 5 boards are fine.
I think spec-wise extreme6 is better than others.I don't find anything fundamentally wrong with extreme6.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Asrocks VRM were always questionable...they claim to have DIGI+ VRm but in reality they use Analog controller(ISL 6367)
both the boards suffer from this..
*i.imgur.com/IW7jGl.jpg

vkl

Cyborg Agent
^^I don't see much amount of problem with VRM.
Though CPU overclock would depend upon CPU and VRM section,if the VRM is fine it's upto the chip.
The VRM is well enough on extreme6.Quite easy to overclock with very small voltage steps.
Heard about some heating issues with extreme4 VRM but nothing major.
As far as overclocking on exterme6 is concerned most of the reviewers have got the clocks on the level of 4.6-4.7GHz with i7 3770k.
I don't find anything that dangerous there.
Also I don't think Asus P8Z77-M anywhere comes close to it when we take features.
Also extreme6 has an ATX form factor,has more phases,and is much more feature-rich than any of those quoted boards.

Image is quite blurry to see anything...
Mate,are you sure that PWM controller is analog?

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
Given the number of failure rates of Asrock i would suggest to stay away from Asrock..but i leave it to OP to judge :).

Cilus

laborare est orare
Here is the conclusion about the Asrock Z77 Extreme 6 board from AnandTech:

AnandTech - ASRock Z77 Extreme6 Review: Legacy Bites Back

vkl

Cyborg Agent
The point here is at its price point Extreme6 is a very competitive product.
There are lot of other reviews from various sites and as per the reviews it does quite well.
It is a stable motherboard with good feature-set which many are not able to provide at that price-range.
Asrock z77 extreme6 conclusion:hardwaresecrets

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
pardon me but that doesn't even count as a review..looks like they have just took all the specs and added some flowery English and let it out...where is the review? where's the testing? how can we know its good?
Hardware secrets are known for PSU reviews..and IMHO they should stick with that.
as for anadtech..well...he summed up nicely...
[URL="*www.anandtech.com/show/6089/asrock-z77-extreme6-review-legacy-bites-back/8" said:
[/URL]Anandtech]ASRock are on the road to becoming one of the top tier manufacturers and joining the ranks of ASUS and Gigabyte, but the Z77 Extreme6 is not it. It gives you a nice overclock that removes the performance issues at stock speeds, but I cannot find much to get excited about.

legacy bites back...but not that hard :p

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@sumonpathak

Check the review properly.There are lots of other reviews available as well for extreme6 from xbitlabs,tweaktown,and others.Check them too also if possible instead of posting baseless points.There is no VRM issue with extreme6 which can be considered dangerous..
As already said the point remains extreme6 provides with good-feature set with performance which many others are not able to deliver at that price-range.
Period.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
@vkl...
i checked them all...and apart from blindly checking the conclusion and basing my facts on that i do testing of my own....and acquire data from people who know what they are doing and saying..i suggest you read up more...not only the reviews..but different forums as well...
as for the board..
ASUS P8Z77-M Motherboard vs ASRock Z77 Extreme 6 Motherboard vs Gigabyte G1.Sniper M3 Z77 Motherboard: Compare Motherboards: Flipkart.com

at a lower price GB has produced a better board..

this.is enough to put OP off his asrok track.
wait till he see's this
*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp...1=1&Keywords=(keywords)&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

also if i remember correctly an user in some other bought Extreme 4..and was pleasantly surprised with a defective socket.

Sup

Broken In
A SSD might be a really good choice for your budget, IMO.
+1
For general everyday use ssd is the best upgrade for a pc.

You want to game but your build seems quite unbalanced ?

You are spending heavily on cpu and a motherboard, but cutting down on the Graphics Card.

Overclocking wouldn't provide you with any noticeable gains in games.
go with

Intel DH77EB Motherboard & and intel i5 3450 cpu.
psu - seasonic 430w

For the graphics card try getting a 7850 atleast whenever you plan to buy.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@sumonpathak
If you have checked the reviews properly then no point of arguing,it is quite clear that it's a good motherboard and I don't understand how is asus p8z77 m is better than extreme6.
It is not like every asrock mobo is defective and every asus mobo product is bullet-proof.Things like replacement policy,RMA,after sales service are there for these things.
Don't exaggerate things.The VRM issue by you is a no-pointer,doesn't have any value.That point has been nullified.
As already said extreme6 provides more phases,PCIe slots,usb ports and a number of other features and is quite a stable board.
There are people with asrock exterme6 and extreme4 without any problem in India.

wait till he see's this
Newegg.com - ASRock Z77 Extreme6 LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
What is this?These links can't be served as reference.
There are 113 reviews and picking out some 1 star reviews is pointless.Check the overall rating,it is still 4 stars.
If you are forming a basis on these links then do check out ASUS P9X79 DELUXE at newegg too.It has more 1stars than extreme6.But is P9X79 DELUXE a bad board?I don't think so.
Again these things can't be taken as a reference.

It would be better if you discuss things technically rather than saying unnecessary things.

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
@sumonpathak
If you have checked the reviews properly then no point of arguing,it is quite clear that it's a good motherboard and I don't understand how is asus p8z77 m is better than extreme6.
It is not like every asrock mobo is defective and every asus mobo product is bullet-proof.Things like replacement policy,RMA,after sales service are there for these things.
Don't exaggerate things.The VRM issue by you is a no-pointer,doesn't have any value.That point has been nullified.
As already said extreme6 provides more phases,PCIe slots,usb ports and a number of other features and is quite a stable board.
There are people with asrock exterme6 and extreme4 without any problem in India.
i suggest you read up extensively before u start commenting..this level of knowledge is not expected from a moderator..and now i have an fair idea about your knowledge on hardware.
but i guess its no point arguing with you as you have already formed an opinion..
as for suggestion..i was suggesting a GB board..and even suggested that...dont how you formed the opinion that i am saying only asus is best.

@Op..all the best man...

What is this?These links can't be served as reference.
There are 113 reviews and picking out some 1 star reviews is pointless.Check the overall rating,it is still 4 stars.
If you are forming a basis on these links then do check out ASUS P9X79 DELUXE at newegg too.It has more 1stars than extreme6.But is P9X79 DELUXE a bad board?I don't think so.
Again these things can't be taken as a reference.

It would be better if you discuss things technically rather than saying unnecessary things.
just pointing out the issues..
as for technical stuff...i provided a technical document a few posts back..i guess u missed it...
posting again sinhardware.com/index.php/99-sins-hardware/vrm-list

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
Originally posted by sumonpathak
i suggest you read up extensively before u start commenting..this level of knowledge is not expected from a moderator..and now i have an fair idea about your knowledge on hardware.
but i guess its no point arguing with you as you have already formed an opinion..
as for suggestion..i was suggesting a GB board..and even suggested that...dont how you formed the opinion that i am saying only asus is best.

Again stop posting unnecessary things.We are not here to test knowledge.We are here to gain knowledge and provide if we have some.
Don't form your own conclusions.I didn't say anywhere that Asus is the best.I just quoted an real world example.

Don't judge others.
As far as VRM of extreme6 is concerned I have checked about in most of the reviews and forums and found no big issue as you make it out to be.

If you have very high level of knowledge well and good.
You quoted a thing,I said what I know of that matter.
Give proper points/facts to backup your points.No good would be done or a point would be proved by providing some random links.

No point in making the thread too off-topic.We are here to assist a person if we can.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
@ sujendra7

Another interesting read...... with lots of details.....

Seven Sub-$160 Z77 Express Motherboards, Reviewed : Seven Affordable Z77 Express-Based Motherboards Get Dissected

Edit

I believe at that budget AsRock and the (edit) Gigabyte are the best options.

Last edited:

Cilus

laborare est orare
Guys, stop fighting like children and cool down...don't get so angry so early. Both of you, just provide some good review links of your selected products. OP can read it and make his own decision. I just went through the Anandtech Review where couple of things I have noticed, one is the high power consumption compared to other boards. 2nd is the hot VRM area and third is the stability issues in stock voltage and speed.

Another thing, The ASUS only has 8 phases for the CPU (and another 4 the iGPU), but it does use Alloy Chokes, whereas the ASrock use ferrite chokes

Top Bottom