Help me with buying mobile - ~15k - 20k

Status
Not open for further replies.

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
Hi,

I have been using a SE W810i but it has been 2 years and giving me some problems like low voice while hearing others etc. I am looking forward to buy a better phone.

1) It should be good at basic reception and voice clarity, very important - regardless of any fancy features watsoever.

2) Should have good sound quality and fm.

3) I do surf the net from mobile while on the go so better surfing ability will help a lot.

4) It would be an extra feature if it supports pdf reading (in the sense the display is big enough to make it practical).

5) I am too much comfortable with hardware keys so I would like to have them to be able to better handle by 'feel' even if it has touchscreen.

6) Decent picture taking ability when I am not carrying my camera for a quick snap.

7) I rough use the mobile a lot so should have good build quality.

Long list :)

I was considering some android phones but good ones are too costly so now considering other symbian.

I had in mind e72 (negative build quality and loudspeaker feedback) and n86. While n79 is lower to my budget and outdated but not bad either.

Please give your suggestions as I'm a bit confused :)

Thanks,
Andrew

red dragon

Master troll
Either e72 or increase your budget a bit and get milestone for 25k from chandni chawk(no papers and warranty though)

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
Thanks red dragon, I am little flexible with budget in both directions if it really worth it but I am not willing to buy without papers.

How about e72's build quality and volume? Most posts says in negative :(

btw I really need the phone to have good voice volume and clarity for hearing in noisy area.

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
1 n86
2 n86
3 n86

btw whats wrong with n79 ? just because its not overpriced dont mean its bad . anyway n86 is superb phone and best overall package . camera is simply superb and so is video and screen . only problem is oled screen is bit hard to use direct sunlight but its managable.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I would have suggested you Vivaz coz of its great multimedia capabilities...
but reading your 7th point that u r a rough user....its better to get n86:smile:
touchscreen phones r too delicate:p

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
@Andrew- Isnt much of n inconvenience. The phone locks the screen as soon as you receive the call. If you want to access the screen, you have to unlock it manually and use the thing..then revert it to the locked stage manually.

red dragon

Master troll
Milestone is available for 26.5 k with bill in Delhi,I am not sure about price in Kolkata,it should be slightly less.It has great voice clarity.

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
Milestone is little out of my budget and I dont want to stretcch for milestone, it doesnt have fm radio. (it must be one of the best but I do listen to fm a lot :p )

n97 mini is available in mobilestore for 1 k more than n86 at 19.7k. not sure if it'll be better than n86 usability wise.

Is n86 really outdated?

vulpine

Broken In
Going by ur priorities I would say E72
it has one of the best music chips that nokia has ever used
and 600 MHz It just flies....Build quality shouldn't be an issue...Its super slim and super sturdy.

N97 mmmm I hate its UI if Ur OK with it go ahead

to confuse U more can i suggest SE AINO

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Going by ur priorities I would say E72
it has one of the best music chips that nokia has ever used
and 600 MHz It just flies....Build quality shouldn't be an issue...Its super slim and super sturdy.

N97 mmmm I hate its UI if Ur OK with it go ahead

to confuse U more can i suggest SE AINO

If I'm not wrong I think it's the xpress music series that uses a dedicated audio chip.
Never heard of E series using the same. R u sure

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
Thanks vulpine & sriharsha_madineni.

@vulpine - I'll not be confused by aino though - not considering java/proprietary os for now.

Right now I'm consideering between e72 and n86 (I am not sure on the usability - on the flow - of the ts devices )

e72 - I saw many problems reported by the users, speeccifically the low level of sound problem of not being able to hear otherside (thats the primary reason I am changing my current phone)
n86 - a bit old. Is there anyone who used both of these devices?

I would really like to get feedback on the sound level of nokia e72 from any user
1) The voice clarity sud be good and loud enough to hear otherside during conversation in noisy outdoors - very very important.
2) I depend on the phone's alarm to be loud.

Last edited:

vulpine

Broken In

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

If I'm not wrong I think it's the xpress music series that uses a dedicated audio chip.
Never heard of E series using the same. R u sure

I'm not sure if its DEDICATED chip or not. But I can guarantee that quality is really good
as I have checked it personally simultaneously with Ipod nano. Music was on par if not better.

Cementing my reviews is this frequency response by GSMarena
*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_e72-review-422p5.php
no distortions any where all the way from 20-20000hz

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Actually i was int he same boat as urs abt 3 days ago...

went through all the phones mentioned above.. EXACTLY the same phones...

My pick was also n86..but its a bit old.. and no stock.. so i took n97 mini. i liked it so good for me.

The ones i looked for around 20k

Vivaz --> Somehow the design didnt sit well with me. and most importantly..touch only, i need a keypad. numeric or qwerty. AWESOME CAM and MUSIC qlty.
n86 --> No stock and a old-er model. :(.
e72 --> Excellent phone.. although its bit too wide for my taste. but thats just subjective to me.
w995 --> The best one for me...but alas not a smart phone.
n97 mini --> 19.4k.. it got everything i need and somemore..although cam just sucks for me. and available..

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
I went to a few shops today , lowest quote for e72 is 18300 + reebok watch free.

TheMobileStore is offering e72 for higher price for 18769 + but they promised to offer a free bluetooth headset (bh-106) + watch (if I buy by tomorrow)

n86 is available for 18400 but obviously the shop guys are reluctant to promote it / while themobilestore saying out of stock. They are vouching for new e72 as expected.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
Non touch device- N86 , arguably the best one till date and will remain so .. Surely not outdated as its a non touch device and u cant expect a 3.5" screen on these devices. Other than that its a awesome device..

Touch device- N97 mini is pretty decent one with only that ram issue which I guess is pretty managable..

Both devices are built like tank .. excellent build quality ...

OP
~It_is_Andrew~

~It_is_Andrew~

Journeyman
I finally bought e72 with a free watch and bluetooth headset from theMobileStore,

I have it for few hours now. There is a small light leak near the home buttton but I can live with that. I'll post more as I go through it.

seems ok. But I am not being able to access the email (gmail). I used vodafone live edge before. Do I need to subscribe to mobile connect to connect the email / maps? I can browse google from the browser using the vodafone live though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom