helP!!!!! me wit my un-predictable MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

sharath_ar89

Broken In
yes thats my processor. how do u lower the voltage . my MB does not support playing with multiplier and voltage. my MB is pi915 glm. if i can do it with the same MB or sm other tool plz tell me how can i do it.
and also i have to mention that my friends comp has developed the same problem that i have.
his config is
c2d 2.88ghz
2 gbram (transcend)
160 gb hdd
9600gt gpu
and i dont remember the which mb i think its low end asus mb.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
yes thats my processor. how do u lower the voltage . my MB does not support playing with multiplier and voltage. my MB is pi915 glm. if i can do it with the same MB or sm other tool plz tell me how can i do it.
and also i have to mention that my friends comp has developed the same problem that i have.
his config is
c2d 2.88ghz
2 gbram (transcend)
160 gb hdd
9600gt gpu
and i dont remember the which mb i think its low end asus mb.

Could you or your friend try one thing....

1. Run your computers on RAW power for a while. Meaning, without the UPS in between and see what happens.

2. When you stressed it for one hour there were NO hiccups..?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Will get back to you..this same thing is happening to one of my friends..now..!

Also did some research....could you perform one more 'test'...

Try your system with another HDD. At times, the HDD cannot spin up in sync with the computer POST....so the boot fails...I know this is asking a lot, but this is the most I can advice. Else your system seems fine, since it passed the OCCT test for 4 hours. Also if you have time, run Prime 95 (2 threads), with error checking enabled.

Till then.............

Will ask my friend and get back to you.

appy

Right off the assembly line
theres this trick we do
take the ram stick out and keep it on a hard surface
ground ur self for static elec
take a eraser and rub nicely on the ram's golden contacts be careful dont exert too much pressure
and clean the ram stick with a soft cloth for sticking rubber particles
and put the ram back

OP
S

sharath_ar89

Broken In
appy i already did that :).....

asigh -> ok.. i'll run that to ( prime 95) dude this thing happens even if i run my comp with all the storage devices disconnected ( hdd and cdrom ). so i dont think its the hard disk ne ways i'll try that too will ask frnds hdd.

and i found something that might help diagonize the prob.
wen this happens the south bridge is getting the supply bcoz the heat sink of south bridge is hot. but at the same time north bridge and processor heat sinks are not hot. plz tell me if thers any supply regulating chip on the MB??????

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
appy i already did that :).....

asigh -> ok.. i'll run that to ( prime 95) dude this thing happens even if i run my comp with all the storage devices disconnected ( hdd and cdrom ). so i dont think its the hard disk ne ways i'll try that too will ask frnds hdd.

and i found something that might help diagonize the prob.
wen this happens the south bridge is getting the supply bcoz the heat sink of south bridge is hot. but at the same time north bridge and processor heat sinks are not hot. plz tell me if thers any supply regulating chip on the MB??????

Well the motherboard picks the supply from the ATX supply and the 12V connector. Brother..if all components seem fine..seems like your motherboard is gone..! :(

OP
S

sharath_ar89

Broken In
i got confirmed my mb is gone now but which part of the mb ( i'm just curious ). sm 1 tell me if there is a ic to control the distribution of the power in the mother board??

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
i got confirmed my mb is gone now but which part of the mb ( i'm just curious ). sm 1 tell me if there is a ic to control the distribution of the power in the mother board??

Oh..sorry to hear that. How as it confirmed. You showed it to some electrician..??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom