Help me Regarding Placement in IT Company

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrintech

Technomancer
Well cordially rejected from TCS.:confused: My branch is electrical and electronics engg. and am in final year.

I want to appear for Off Campuses of various IT Companies. But I am not getting up-to-mark information when the popular IT Companies organize there Off Campuses and at which location? :(

Also I want to know that it is possible to upload resume to their official sites directly instead of aukri, Monster etc. etc.? As these sites normally send crap information to e-mails about companies whose names we haven't heard about.:rolleyes:

Please help me and give some information/suggestions from your side too :cool:

- Wishes ;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
upload your resume directly to their websites, it works and make your resume appealing

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
You are better off taking some tests like MeriTrac or e-Litmus etc. than applying for every company separately. These are like the CET, whose marks are taken into consideration by many companies.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
My branch is electrical and electronics engg. and am in final year.
Well, I'm not updated about this new branch.:confused:

Be regular with Chetanas site, they provide regular update on job news. Initially they were a yahoo group, then got so popular that they launched a website!!!

Naukri, Monster will help you if u r experienced, else they are worthless.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
You are better off taking some tests like MeriTrac or e-Litmus etc. than applying for every company separately. These are like the CET, whose marks are taken into consideration by many companies.
About these 2 I came to know about for the first time.

Thanks Dear :D

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
^^ so u r doing MS from North Carolina infra laal :D

@Mrintech..buddy u r in final year..u havent even passed..TCS has come and gone..more companies will come on campus :D ..so why so serious..chill n njoy...and ya I noticed in ur CV ur marks are getting low..so improve on that ...and score above 70 %

Last edited:

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
me TCS ins 6th.. iflex and next after 8th sem exams...

and both those tests are very good.

OP
M

mrintech

Technomancer
Well I am going to share what is actually going here at Bhopal. I am not telling lie, you can come and ask any student who haven't been placed here.

1. Here there are some coaching institutes which gives heavy bucks to Companies as soon as they arrive. Students who are enrolled with these institutes gets placed irrespective of their eligibility criteria. Many of mine friends, who are below 60% in 12th Board Examination, are currently with TCS. We doubted that they will be rejected as soon as their final call letter will arrive but even some of our Seniors are enjoying at TCS and some other company without meeting the 10-12 eligibility criteria (2007 Batch).

2. Here my college just called Infosys and TCS, but as a POOL (Not for us only, in a Pool 7-8 Colleges sits together and appear for companies). No closed Campus at all. And after this we haven't seen the face of any single company within our college (me in private college)

3. I am preparing for CAT from T.I.M.E. and my highest percentile was 76.2%ile in Mocks all India. The day after this Mock Infosys arrived and about 380 Students appeared. At last 13 were selected. I was baffled as why my name is not there?

The immediate next day in local newspaper an article arrived that Infosys took the method of Random Copy Correction. This means out of 380 copies they selected copies randomaly and selected 13 students out of them. As a clearance infosys wrote we only need 13 for our company (out of 380+ students in off campus) and thats why we choose this randome method.

Is this a Joke? Just FARZIWARA going right here at Bhopal and that's why I am tense like hell as I want a job in my hands before leaving college. But MBA remains the top priority.

@Mrintech..buddy u r in final year..u havent even passed..TCS has come and gone..more companies will come on campus :D ..so why so serious..chill n njoy...and ya I noticed in ur CV ur marks are getting low..so improve on that ...and score above 70 %
Well 2 Semesters are left and 65%< Percentage < 70% is possible. As you know the system of college giving sessional marks.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
1. Here there are some coaching institutes which gives heavy bucks to Companies as soon as they arrive. Students who are enrolled with these institutes gets placed irrespective of their eligibility criteria. Many of mine friends, who are below 60% in 12th Board Examination, are currently with TCS. We doubted that they will be rejected as soon as their final call letter will arrive but even some of our Seniors are enjoying at TCS and some other company without meeting the 10-12 eligibility criteria (2007 Batch).
I'm not casting a doubt on you, but this is hard to believe. Considering a pvt. company (TCS) its jsut too hard to believe that they will ruin their own future esp. in a time like this when US economy is in crumbles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom