help me please

Status
Not open for further replies.

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
When I start my comp at desktop the C://program Files/Common Files/Microsoft Shared/Web Folders/ibm00007.exe is missing is shown it says that the window cannot find the specific folder.
What is this?
please help and tell me some remedies.

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I have Norton and scanned my system a trojan was found and it automatically deleted the infected file.Onwards that scan whenever i start my computer I am getting thr error and too in desktop after it boots up and not while booting.

sav_more

Journeyman
had da same problem few months ago.this was due to some search bar or something.i removed it and got da same messages u r havin.try running HijackThis.see da log file for strange or unknown entries.delete them.
if this is too complicated ask SWATKAT for help with da log file.he had helped me once with da same thing. :)

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
sav_more does ur problem got solved by following the process told by swatkat OR did u formatted ur system.

sakumar79

Technomancer
ibm00*.exe is created by trojans Troj/Torpig-C and Troj/Torpig-J. Info at *www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojtorpigc.html and *www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/trojtorpigj.html provide details. You have specified that Norton found the trojans and deleted them. Check the log of the scan to confirm that these specific trojans have been removed...
If you have removed them, all that is left is for you to remove the entry from the startup list... Run msconfig and go to "startup" tab and uncheck the entry that specifies the file.

Arun

OP
shyamno

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
I have unchecked that thing but all the time when my cop restart it gives the same error.
Any other way it can be solved.

anandk

Distinguished Member
ya, its a trojan allright.
download and use the 'ewido anyi-malware suite' from www.ewido.net/en/
it shud help u.

also check the solution here *help.lockergnome.com/lofiversion/index.php/t42471.html

rajesh

Journeyman
sav_more said:
had da same problem few months ago.this was due to some search bar or something.i removed it and got da same messages u r havin.try running HijackThis.see da log file for strange or unknown entries.delete them.
if this is too complicated ask SWATKAT for help with da log file.he had helped me once with da same thing. :)

Infact this problem was reported here and SwatKat provided some solution. Just cant find it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom