help me out in purchasing a new graphic card

raghav-che

Right off the assembly line
buying a new card in a few hours plz help

hi ,

my system configuration is a core2 quad processor at 2.66ghz and 4gb ram(ddr2) and my motherboard is an Intel DG35ec (classic series) i was using a xfx 9500gt previously and somehow the fan in the card has popped out and by mistake i have picked up a zotac GT520 2gb version.and a zebronics smps. i have a samsung monitor with a native resolution of 1440*900. do u recommend me to exchange the graphic card and get a new one ? i expect my graphic card to allow me to play the latest games at least in medium settings. though my budget is 5~5.5k can u reccomend me a good one or will this card be sufficient?

Last edited:

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
6670 1GB DDR5 @ 5.5k at mdcomputers.in is best bet.

If you don't mind getting an used one, try in E & TE for some good cards at cheaper price.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Check:
HIS AMD 5670 ICEQ 1GB GDDR5 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card vs Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 1GB DDR5 Graphics Card: Compare Graphics Cards: Flipkart.com

Gte the HD 6670 1GB DDR5, its the best option for your budget.

OP
R

raghav-che

bought the saphire hd6670 ddr5 for 5.4k and exchanged the gt 520 with the dealer :) as of now have a zebronics gold series 450 watts smps do u guys recommend something else ? i am running the 6670 on the zebronics smps.
thanks for your suggestion guys :)

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Not an issue, as 6670 doesn't require any pcie connector, but to be on safeside buy FSP Saga II 500W or some entry-level trusted brand PSU

Flash

Lost in speed
bought the saphire hd6670 ddr5 for 5.4k and exchanged the gt 520 with the dealer :) as of now have a zebronics gold series 450 watts smps do u guys recommend something else ? i am running the 6670 on the zebronics smps.

Zebronics will do fine. Am also using the same.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ No issue with Zebby, but to be on safe side, better to buy some entry-level PSU like VS350 suggested by saswat and have peace of mind.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

After exchange of GT520 the price is quite high as price of GT520 is 1.6-1.8K
And your current PSU will work just fine with 6670.

OP
R

raghav-che

After exchange of GT520 the price is quite high as price of GT520 is 1.6-1.8K
And your current PSU will work just fine with 6670.
its not like that i purchased the gt 520(2gb version) the previous day for 3.7k and exchanged it for the 6670 the next day i paid 1800 oly !

Top Bottom