Help me in sound manipulation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I have a track in an audio CD. I have ripped it to MP3.

There is a small part of it which is about 26 seconds long. I want that part to be played repeatedly for 60 minutes (as MP3) without interruption.

So I tried Audacity to join that part repeatedly, but I am not too good at sound manipulation and am not able to do it accurately. Can any one help me? I can send a file as email. It can be about 1mb.

Sound manipulation is the only alternative. Keeping the "repeat" option on in players breaks it before repeating :(

Thanks.

PS : I have counted the beats and that 26 seconds part has 32 beats. It returns to "sum" twice. So this surely is possible. Only limiting factor is my knowledge and ability to do this. :cry:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I suppose a software called Acoustica Mp3 Mixer can do ur job :D
www.brothersoft.com/Acoustica_ MP3_Audio_Mixer_Download_1735.html

Its a trial version.....So Pm if any help needed :D

Also it has the ability to cut that 26 secs of ur songs and later u can just keep pasting that portion of the song till it reaches 60 Min....Phewwwww long procedure :p

i'll see if i can get sometin else too :wink:

VD17

Journeyman
ok well... doing it accurately with the beats matched will be a real pain in the neck,... the only way, i reckon, it can be done is by Audio editing tools ... the one that i use most frequently is Adobe's Audition and Nero's Wave Editor, the latter being easier for novices.

geek_rohit

In the zone
Use Soundforge. First select that part which you want to repeat. Then copy and paste it again where ever you want. Its quite simple. For accurate selection you can first select it and then listen it again to check your selection.

Scorpion

Journeyman
I faced the same problem too. When the end of loop is reached it jumps to the beginning of the sound abruptly with a audible cut. The loop at the knot just doesn't mix unless we have luck. At this point we may try joining them by using some effects like fade/echo etc. Experiment. You may hit the bulls eye! Let us know the solution too!

BONZI

Journeyman
My opinion flstudio 5 is the best solution. If you want me to try I will do it and send you a (as far as possible) perfect loop.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
Whoa!! :shock: So many replies. Thank you all for your interest. :)

I can surely upload it somewhere and provide the download link. As regards using some software, I think Audacity is good enough. I have done it, but as Scorpion says, there is an audible and abrupt cut in between. That is what I want to avoid

I can cut a part and keep pasting it at the end to make it 30 minutes. But I am not too good (or I am too bad :() at doing it. That is why I need help from someone who can do this for me.

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Hmm tuxfan in goldwave u can zoom into the wave file as much as u want and u can start clipping the wavefile wherever u want. Am busy rite now or else wud have dun it for u man.

OP
tuxfan

tuxfan

Technomancer
djmykey said:
Hmm tuxfan in goldwave u can zoom into the wave file as much as u want and u can start clipping the wavefile wherever u want. Am busy rite now or else wud have dun it for u man.

I am no hurry. I will wait for it if you can really give me what I want :) But till I get some help, I will keep trying on my own to see if I succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom