help me ... i waana hide !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
i connect to the net using my reliance FWP. its a dial up connection.
is it possible to hide/use another IP address my IP address while surfing the net?
i use a stand alone machine.
p3 winXP pro
256MB ram

yehmeriidhain

In the zone
Well ur ip is assigned to U by the ISP through which U r made accessible to internet ..

& ip tht U get is a temporary one! so everytime U connect to the net ur ISP provides U with a new ip ...

I think U cant change the ip bcz it might happen like U & some other person with different connection have same ip! bcz U chnaged it on ur own ... :D

newayzz i still could get the purpose Y U wanna do that?

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
will tell u the answer when we chat on Ymessenger .... lol
and when did u return to the forum???

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:arrow: i think u wanna surf anonymously ....
in that case if u wanna hide ur IP address browse web sites thru this link....

*proxify.com/

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
sure, i have the free zone alarm installed go to overview -> prefrences and click on hide my IP when applicable and Hide the last octet......
That does the trick (i think...)

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
yes i wanna surf anonymously .... :)

well i dont think zone alarm hides IP address ....

there is an option no doubt ....
but if u goto any payment gateway then my ip address is logged ...

better way is ..... i know a site ..... www.chelseafc.com
its chelsea futball club's website ....
go there .... goto chat or forum ......frm the links provieded ....
and there your IP address is logged ...
u can check if thats ur ip address ....

and everytime my IP adderss is logged correctly ...

saROMan

QA Juggler
hmm...well wat u can do is go to any of these sites...get a working proxy Here..then u can check if its working or not Here OR Here

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
bharathbala2003 said:
ok now i have done it... any means to test if its working :D
The option is Hide IP when applicable......... So i don't think it is a very good idea.....................

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
iinfi said:
thanks grinning devil and saroman ....

i will use it and tell u how it is ....
cheers
You will most probably tell that it was too slow.................. Most of proxies slow down internet access, but if remaining stealth is important than speed, then you can use proxies

digen

Youngling
pradeep_chauhan said:
sure, i have the free zone alarm installed go to overview -> prefrences and click on hide my IP when applicable and Hide the last octet......
That does the trick (i think...)
eh?Sire correct me if i'm wrong but doesnt enabling that option hide the last octet from zone alarm update server while downloading new updates?
Now that i'm not on ZA,anybody would like to check before & after enabling that option head right here What is My IP?.

Oh btw anonymous proxies are simply not a safe solution by any means.I'm talking about those hundreds of free proxy lists that you get scattered all over the internet.It certainly hides your IP from the destination host but all traffic travels through the anon proxy,anybody there with a packet sniffer & a little knowledge of TCP/IP can easily make a profile of your session through the proxy including usernames,passwords & stuff that we all are paranoid about.
I'm not aware of any paid proxy services which are known for their trustable services.
Rather than risking ones personal information I would suggest hardening the OS,disabling un-necessary services,having a software firewall if necessary & a appropriate anti-virus.

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Well even with all your suggestions Digen if I dont use an anon proxy then I my IP will be known by the end client. Which is the one you try and avoid in most cases. So unless there is some other way to hide your actually IP, getting your IP is gonna be easy.

digen

Youngling
Very correct dude there is no other way to hide your IP but consider this what will anyone with my IP do?
Scan for open ports,perform fingerprinting on various services if any present,get info of the ISP i'm on.
Then after getting sufficient info search for vulnerabilities/exploits for the respective service/s[note:i've taken for granted that there are services present on my computer like http server[IIS 5.1] blah blah] then try getting in to posses root access.The above holds good unless we are taking into account worms,trojans,key loggers which will call back to the attacker.Lets also keep out from the discussion DDoS[Distributed Denial of service attack] & your machine being added as a zombie.

Now lets consider a everyday joe scenario,will he/she host a http server? does he/she needs a service to be running?will he/she needs her own email server running 24/7?
I'm sure the answer is no.Because just knowing your IP isnt gonna do a hell of good to any script kiddie scanning one helluva port range unless & untill you have something running which helps.
My point being why do you have to purposely hide the IP if you dont have anything to show?
The things I have suggested in my earlier post seems completely satisfactory with security in mind but its a other way around.
Few people know what exactly happens with a anonymous server in the middle.Its actually kinda a "man in the middle" attack.Taking for granted a page that says "full anonymity" makes you feel you are safe? Nope a jackass maybe sniffing all the traffic by just looking at the logs & making merry out of it.
How do you trust them? Blind faith?
Trust me but not all free anon servers may be like this but its kinda hard to differentiate when you know nothing about it unless we are talking of paid anon services which is a different story.

I had written my earlier post w.r.t the original poster who says hes on dial-up & provided no info as to why he wanted to hide his IP.
Note:The case I've considered above resembles people who surf the internet,download,email,chat blah blah.
For others who host web servers,public services online its a complete different scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom