Help me Getting my First DSLR for learning Photography

sujoyp

Grand Master
if canon have accepted your camera serial number and put it under warranty on website then you are done...no need of those other bills...
The only place you may face some problem will be when you will travel out side india and if customs demand your camera bill then it will be invalid without vat paid...soo you will face some difficulties.

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
if canon have accepted your camera serial number and put it under warranty on website then you are done...no need of those other bills...
The only place you may face some problem will be when you will travel out side india and if customs demand your camera bill then it will be invalid without vat paid...soo you will face some difficulties.

for old cams also they ask for bill? i m planning for a trip last of this year..:(, any way around??

sujoyp

Grand Master
actually customs never asked me anything...even when I was carrying DSLR +4 lenses ...they just let you pass...I was going to dhaka and when came back to kolkata and again went back to dhaka ....no issues yet

but by chance they want to check your bill ...then be ready to beg for forgiveness and pray they dont find out that VAT thing ;)

I was carrying copy of my camera and 2 lens bill...other lenses r just too old

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Congrats and Happy clicking...

I could able to claim warranty when there was problem with my computer peripherals with just the bill (with no mentioning of serial no. model no. etc...). So I think the bill will be good enough.

Top Bottom