Help me Getting my First DSLR for learning Photography

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
One more thing guys, if in future i m changing my cam body will these lenses be compatible with new ones? Because i will change this dslr soon:D, and as per nac will maintain a system.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yes, it will unless you are upgrading to FF or APS H sensor camera. DSLR users correct if I am wrong...

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
lenses will work in all canon APSC sensor DSLR ...thats 1100D , 100D,600D,650D,700D,60D,7D

So there should not be any problem with future upgrades? But 1100D reviews are not good:rolleyes: so is it justified to take a cam for the extra lenses i am getting as bundle?? Sorry for irritating you all:cool: but i am noob, with camera.

sujoyp

Grand Master
look it as this way...u r getting a not-so-good DSLR free with nice lenses :D soo u can upgrade to a better body later

sujoyp

Grand Master
since 1100D is selling for 18k as kit now days ....I will say u have to sell it for around 12k after an year as kit or 10k for body only

raja manuel

In the zone
You don't necessarily have to change the DSLR. You can buy another second hand body later (e.g. 550D) and put one lens on each body, thus saving the time to switch lenses (and other settings). If you like to cover events you will love this flexibility.

Don't think of this as buying a camera with a lens bundle. At this price this is more like buying lenses with a camera thrown in as extra – and remember that lenses are an investment while camera bodies are only an expenditure. Once you get the kit in your hands you may, like many others before you, discover that even a 1100D is more body than you can handle until you upgrade your skills significantly and rather than a more advanced body, what you need to get is a good flash, tripod, more lenses, CPL, etc., etc. I know enthusiasts who have set up entire studios in their homes with strobes, reflectors, etc., but only have a 1100D body because upgrading the body will not give them a better picture.

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
Hey guys!! i have a situation here.
I just got a call from the ebay seller, he told that he won't to able to ship the order
till next saturday, so he is requesting me to accept the time extension request on Ebay.

What i should do?

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
if u have time...its fine I think...if u r in hurry cancel it and find a new supplier

^^ even though i m going for new supplier it will take same time, means at least two weeks. So i think it's better to stick with it. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

It's kinda hard to wait for the thing u can't resist:mad:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
What did the seller say? Any acceptable reason... And you mean 29th of June or this Saturday. You the full amount or EMI?

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
What did the seller say? Any acceptable reason... And you mean 29th of June or this Saturday. You the full amount or EMI?

He told stock is over and it will be available till Wednesday or Thursday. The amount i paid was 26300/- + 920/-(processing fees) total 27220/-. So emi is 4550/- approx

nac

Aspiring Novelist
!!!
All these time, I thought it's 0% processing fee. Just want to know, what if you cancel this order, you will get back 27220/- or you will lose that processing fee???

And who is charging that fee??? ebay or your bank???

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
i don't exactly know but this was written
" 6-month EMI will be charged an additional Rs. 948.03 as convenience charges (including service tax). This amount will be charged in 6-month equal installments respectively along with the monthly installment amount and will appear on your Credit card statement."

nac

Aspiring Novelist
And why still the offer is on, if there is no stock. And why it says, still available...

Check with ebay whether you have to pay the processing even if you cancel the order.

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
Yes still deal is on..
Canon EOS 1100D 12.2 MP DSLR - ( Kit w/ 18-55mm & 55-250mm ) | eBay

regarding the convenience fee bank has charged i have sent an email to ebay coz there is no info about it.

I got call from Ebay regarding my mail, they told if my order is cancelled then i will get my
whole money back including convenience charges.

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
Hi guys!! today i got my 1100D :) its nice
I got it registered on canon india website for warranty, asnd i got warranty
But on bill there is no vat mentioned, no serial no mentioned and on warranty card no seal of the dealer ,will there be any
problem in claiming warranty??

Top Bottom