Help me Getting my First DSLR for learning Photography

nikku_hot123

In the zone
Please help me choose a DSLR.
My priority is learning Photography.
Budget is max 25000/-
My options are open with Second had Cams too.(Provided pros in this forum help me, coz i am skeptical about it as having no knowledge of checking condition of the camera).
I am gonna purchase it last of this month.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Hey I am here :D sorry for late reply

Soo your budget is 25k ...hmm in DSLR then you have only option is D3100 new.

But you can check m4/3 is you want DSLR quality and small size like EPM1

but do you know that buying a dslr is just the start...you may have to spend lots of money in lens, and equipments later on.

if you are not ready to spend anything later then better get a superzoom camera...like SX50

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
^^ yes i know i have to invest more later on n i m ready. So i want a cam whose lenses can be used with my later on upgrades.

I m also looking forward with second had dslr too bt i don't know how to check conditions. I m also ready to add 2-3k extra with justified reasons.

sujoyp

Grand Master
you can check jjmehta.com/forum for used dslrs ....as a new user dont get a out of warranty dslr to be safe...just 2 days back one of our friend here got a D5100 in a very good condition used

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I was little busy in photo shoot. :) And it's weekend... family time...
You are not in a hurry, have two weeks huh... :)

Already, Sujoy have given you two choices. I am just gonna add this one Canon 1100D twin lens combo. This is one helluva pricing from Canon.

A few days back I read this in another forum. He was saying like this... when buying, why someone who is interested in photography looking for cameras rather than a system. It makes sense to me, unless one thinking of buying one now and dispose it later before taking a plunge with another. Wanna know more google "buying into a system - photography". You have time, do some research and see whether it makes any sense to you.

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
you can check jjmehta.com/forum for used dslrs ....as a new user dont get a out of warranty dslr to be safe...just 2 days back one of our friend here got a D5100 in a very good condition used
so i think its better to get a new camera, and later on can check used lenses and other systems according to need.

I was little busy in photo shoot. :) And it's weekend... family time...
You are not in a hurry, have two weeks huh... :)

Already, Sujoy have given you two choices. I am just gonna add this one Canon 1100D twin lens combo. This is one helluva pricing from Canon.

A few days back I read this in another forum. He was saying like this... when buying, why someone who is interested in photography looking for cameras rather than a system. It makes sense to me, unless one thinking of buying one now and dispose it later before taking a plunge with another. Wanna know more google "buying into a system - photography". You have time, do some research and see whether it makes any sense to you.

nice to see u buddy.:) i do agree with the concept of system - gear, whatever i got from system photography is we need to stick with same brand and compatibility of lenses and gears with the body. so as far as cams are concerned i will and can continue with nikon and canon. but question is that what should
be a beginning DSLR??

today i went to market and had hands on with canon 600D, D3200, D3100, D5100 and Canon 1100D , i liked D5100 and 600D but they are out of my budget :( so i liked the build quality and handling of D3100 over 1100D(plastiky grip), and they quoted D3100@24500/-

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
There you go... It's what you feel matters a lot. You like the built quality and handling of D3100, then that's the one for you. If you can go EMI option, consider D5100 and 600D as well. It's about 4k over your budget. Pricing is fine for D3100 given these are quoted from local camera shop.

raja manuel

In the zone
What is the lowest price for this bundle? Even Flipkart is offering it for Rs. 29,845 so others might offer an even lower price where the camera body is being offered for slightly more than nothing.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
For little under 18k we can get 1100d with 18-55 kit lens. For 26.4k we can get the twin lens combo. What a pricing!!! Selling like hot cakes...

sujoyp

Grand Master
wow thats really good price ...very cheap

in that case you can start with twin lens combo +1100D that will give u more flexibility

raja manuel

In the zone
The 55-250mm lens costs around 16-17K and the 18-55mm lens is around 6K… So you will be getting an entry-level DSLR body for the price of a basic point and shoot. The 1100D supports Magic Lantern as well. No wonder it is selling like hot cakes.

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
Thanks for the info guys. But literally build quality of d3100 is much better than 1100D but this combo kills all.
BTW how is this seller and pricing ? Canon EOS 1100-D CAMERA WITH55-250 IS MK II LENS 2YEAR CANON INDIA WARRANTY | eBay

OP
nikku_hot123

nikku_hot123

In the zone
But the deal is killer :) i am tempted by the pricing,how is the above said deal and after discount coupon, cost is coming 24240/- how is the deal with local shops.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Thanks for the info guys. But literally build quality of d3100 is much better than 1100D but this combo kills all.
BTW how is this seller and pricing ? Canon EOS 1100-D CAMERA WITH55-250 IS MK II LENS 2YEAR CANON INDIA WARRANTY | eBay

It's camera with 55-250 lens. Not a twin lens combo. As far as seller reputation is concern, it's good.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
18-55 kit lens Canon EOS 1100D Digital SLR Camera With 18-55mm IS II lens | eBay
Twin lens combo Canon EOS 1100D 12.2 MP DSLR - ( Kit w/ 18-55mm & 55-250mm ) | eBay

Top Bottom