Help Me get the latest pc for 60K

Status
Not open for further replies.

thinknano

Broken In
FRIENDS

PLEASE HELP ME OUT TO GET MY FIRST EVER "PERSONAL" COMPUTER FOR 60K
the money I am investing is earned by a years and more of hard work and dedication of my(dad:D)....now he is buying my first ever PC:)

No speaker, No Monitor needed!!:rolleyes:

My config goes below.

CPU:Intel Core i7 920 2.66GHz @15,750/-(bought)

so now you have got 60,000.00

Video Card: Please submit the best card from Ati under 12k...please
HDD: Maybe WD 650...
MotherBoard: please choose the best mobo (this part is very important for me as it got be future proof for at least 5 years and so)
RAM: The best of 3gb of DDR3........
Case and SMPS : CM 690(my Fav) and ???
TV Tuner: ?? under 2K
KB and Mouse:
Microsoft/Logitech....

guys you can be a part of someones dream.....for this PC I am waiting for at least 4 years and now the time has come....please show me the way....

Regards :)

Last edited:

spidy333

Broken In
^Did you really buy the processor or just thinking of buying it... For your budget you can easily go for Intel Core i7 and you can easily upgrade in future as Intel changed its socket from Core 2 Quads to Core i7..

spidy333

Broken In
As you said you wanted the CPU to be future proof.. Core i7 is the way because of the socket change.. So if buy a C2Q and then want to upgrade in future then you have to change the motherboard also..

performance wise this wont let you down.. But never expect it reach i7 standards..

OP
thinknano

thinknano

Broken In
well I know :(...but can't help it.
btw it's a new baby...let see what can it offer...

but hey now don't make me sad yaar....i don't want to be regretted.

What say about the motherboard???

well in future I can buy the cpu again....but I won't change the mobo so this time your advice gotta be working...I mean indeed you are....forget abt i7 for this case.....:rolleyes:

spidy333

Broken In
You bought the best Core 2 Quad processor.. So no need to regret about that.. and I doubt Intel releases much stronger processor's with the same socket that your current processor.. Whatever motherboard I suggest it need to be changed for sure if you want to change processor.

But don't regret this purchase thinking about future.. it offers the best performance at present...

OP
thinknano

thinknano

Broken In
thanx dear :)

but I am not going to change my mobo for at least 3 years from now,I mean at lest I get a job and buy it with my own money:D

so now say, what would be the best fo this cpu?:confused:

spidy333

Broken In
you have lot of choices for motherboard..

Biostar TPower I45 @ 8k (Best mobo for overclocking from What I've read and heard..)
Asus P5Q Pro @ 10k
MSI p45 Platinum @ 10k
GA-EP45-DS3R @ 7.5k (this is the one I'm going to buy :D )

for Ram get Corsair or Gskill 2GB sticks, it should cost you around 3.5k..
cabinet - CM690 (the best here) and PSU - Corsair TX650 (but corsair prices are shooting up like anything.. also you dont need this much power also..)

EDIT: Soory I havent seen that you have already bought Nvidia graphic card.. all these suggestions have CF options.. Not useful for Nvidia as it needs SLi.. and I have no idea regarding that..

Last edited:

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
Quad Core Q9550 - (You Already Have)
Biostar TPower I45 - 8000
OCZ- Value Series OCZ2V8002GK 2 X 2GB DDR2 800MHz - 2250
Seagate / WD 500GB (32MB Buffer) - 3000
SAMSUNG SATA DVD-RW - 1200
CoolerMaster 690 - 4400
CoolerMaster 600W - 3450
Palit HD4870 Dual Sonic 1GB - 18000
Logitech Cordless Keyboard + Mouse Set Ex 100 - 1525

OP
thinknano

thinknano

Broken In
thanxxx man, that was a handful of choices...it's sure has a lot to offer!!!
thanx again:)

that was a sum of 59625/-

Quad Core Q9550 - (You Already Have)
Biostar TPower I45 - 8000
OCZ- Value Series OCZ2V8002GK 2 X 2GB DDR2 800MHz - 2250
Seagate / WD 500GB (32MB Buffer) - 3000
SAMSUNG SATA DVD-RW - 1200
CoolerMaster 690 - 4400
CoolerMaster 600W - 3450
Palit HD4870 Dual Sonic 1GB - 18000
Logitech Cordless Keyboard + Mouse Set Ex 100 - 1525

^^^^can I use nVidia card with the mobo from biostar??

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
^yes you can

Still if i were you i would regret not going for i7...If you can try giving back the q9550 for i7....It gives massive performance, just see my review(link in sig) or any of the 100s on the web.

OP
thinknano

thinknano

Broken In
No man I am not!!!!:)
When the quad core came in first it was like q6600 was better than anything but soon after its now became the old grandpa...so don't think twice.

And I know i7 is a rocking cpu but look at the other accessories that would take....mobo should be more than 15k>>ram 9k>>graphic card18K (other wise it's would be waste of money for going entry level and mid range cards)>>>>cooling device 2-3K>>>>>go on baby.......it's a never ending process you see......

well now don't tell me to wait for the next price cut :D that would be same like doing suicide.

So I am just bang on target…..

One more thing boss…if you able to overclock this cpu at 3.5ghz..then it won’t be less than i7(920) anyway…so don’t think twice it will be all right!!! :D :D :D

Lalalal lalal lala lalaaal laaa laaalalaaa :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
just give u r proccy back to the vendor....and ask for corei7....the vendor would cote the price of u r proccy about 15k and corei7 is also avaliable @ 15k....so he might take u r proccy back and give u core i7

amitash

Intel OCer
One more thing boss…if you able to overclock this cpu at 3.5ghz..then it won’t be less than i7(920) anyway…so don’t think twice it will be all right!!!

Lol In what benchmarks are you talking about? gaming or something? In all other real world benchmarks its way faster...and wont Overclocking require a good mobo + cooler + RAM? Also since your not upgrading for 3 years this would be the logical choice..ALL future games will be multicore and HT aware so i7 will get a huge boost in gaming this year...already we have seen this in GTA 4.

And if you are worried about if it will fit your budget then:
core i7 920--15k
mobo--gigabyte DS4--14k
RAM--transcend 3gb--8k
HDD--3k
cabby--4k
PSU--5k
palit HD4870 sonic 512MB--16k

TOTAL--65k an extra 5k for 40% more power doesnt soundd unreasonable to me.

Oh and about the cooler FYI you dont need one, I have mine at 3.35Ghz with stock cooling and its stable 24x7.(8hrs under prime)

OP
thinknano

thinknano

Broken In
man you sound like an expert which is not mine......but what if the i7 920 get soon older?? and it's just 2.66/.67 i guess.....instead the q9550 is clocking at 2.83....isn't it more than that?...I mean tell me yaar....

and which one is better?...palit 4870 512 mb or zotac 9800 gtx amp???

Last edited:

amitash

Intel OCer
^i7-920 wont get older anytime soon...the Q9550 is the older one...i7 920 at 2.66Ghz has 4 cores and 8[/8] threads...That acts like 8 cores in windows and core to core its faster than every other processor made today...Clock speed doesnt determine the speed of the procy, there are many factors like archaetecture of the processor...If clock speed was the only factor then a core2duo E8600 at 3.0Ghz should have been better than i7 but its more than 70% slower....core i7 920>>>Q9550>>E8600
Oh and did I mention the Turbo mode? it increases your clock multiplier to 22 and thus takes the i7-920 to 2.8Ghz on load.

*i40.tinypic.com/28is3f7.jpg

The blue one is core2quad Q9550...red is core i7....see the performance....its 70% faster.

Palit HD4870 PWN's the 9800gtx...In fact if you get the 1GB sonic edition for 18k it performs nearly as well as GTX 280.

OP
thinknano

thinknano

Broken In
thanx a lot man for the great reviews....

yes I know the palit 1gb is the high end card...and its the best out of the lot...but my concern was....can I use nVdia card on the gigabyte mobo??

please confirm me guys....I am going to change my product based on your words...and the dealer agreed to do so.....last time...should I change to i7 920?????

please this is so important to me......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom