Help Me Find >> LG Optimus 2X << want to buy asap:)

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
after so much for searching..market hunting.. just came back from Gaffar market/karol bagh (new delhi) guys there telling O2X is out of stock should be back by tuesday (atleast 1of the two told me) both of them asking for 20.5k :O but its actually not their fault..taxes got increased too :/ with the budget :/..

Wondering now..that Tegra2 is prety old and hard to find an O2X..PLUS even if i get to find one for 20.5k (last price) then should I really get it??

just read/seen motorola's atrix 2 is coming for arnd 22k(online price) :D
a bigger screen+ the SGX 540 GPU (according to anandtech it rocks :) )

suggest something...plz :(

Last edited:

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
better go with htc at that price point or moto atrix 2.. htc got lots of phone now around 20k and they are really good... if you wanna save money then you can also go with sony neo V..

if you wanna play games then you may also check out sony ericsson play...

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
better go with htc at that price point or moto atrix 2.. htc got lots of phone now around 20k and they are really good... if you wanna save money then you can also go with sony neo V..

if you wanna play games then you may also check out sony ericsson play...

well..i want a phone with excellent build quality (liked O2X for this :) ), good camera, gaming power, nice customization options (moto has locked down bootloader but will get official ICS update; O2X will also get official ICS update and custom roms are already available) :), smooth net browsing..no lags or things, good sound/speakers, oh yeah.. good battery backup too :D

not to mention i find O2X's screen quality a lot better (IPS LCD the same as on iphone 4) and moto's screen's colors looks washed out or something :| )

I hope you guys can really help me out here :| am standing at a T-junction not sure whether to go with LG (even if its available@20.5k) or the moto atrix2 (not sure abt market price; shud be arnd 22k)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
if you can find O2X at 20k go for it. as simple as that. Sensation has a higher resolution display but a S-LCD screen whereas LG uses NOVA display (i doubt it'll make any difference other than draining battery like hell as its worlds bright display).

but check one thing: custom rom fixes LG O2X battery drain. this is O2X's main weakness with stock rom. moreover LG has far better service (or no of service center) than Motorola or HTC.

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
if you can find O2X at 20k go for it. as simple as that. Sensation has a higher resolution display but a S-LCD screen whereas LG uses NOVA display (i doubt it'll make any difference other than draining battery like hell as its worlds bright display).

but check one thing: custom rom fixes LG O2X battery drain. this is O2X's main weakness with stock rom. moreover LG has far better service (or no of service center) than Motorola or HTC.

+1 for super..super advice...as simple as that :-D

cleared the dust.. :cool:

thx bro :)

UPDATE: :(

I am getting motorola atrix 2 for like 22k (market price; confirmed today) and very very less hopes for LG Optimus 2X :'(

Motorola atrix 2 has a bigger screen. high res, the TI OMAP 4430 chipset with the SGX340 GPU, 1GB RAM and rest specs are quite similar to 2x except for the build quality.. :( I tried a dummy of atrix 2 and trust me..its looking cheap :/ not good build quality even though it will come at a bit expensive price tag if an o2x is available :) (O2X @ rs20.5k fix deal with a shopwalla@gaffar :D)

Suggestions me guys.. :( I dont wanna go for atrix 2 (the things that provoke me most is the silverish bezel around the phone+ motorola's after sales service..which both of 'em kinda sucks like blarghh :p )

updated post below vvvvvv

Ok..guys looks like the only place I am getting this phone (online) is from Indiatimes Shopping here.

Offering the phone for approx. 23k :| Just want to know whether shoudl I really go for it? I mean I can get Motorola Atrix 2 @ Rs22k (local shop-walla) with more amount of RAM (1GB) which does definitely helps in running more apps. right?? :-? as compared to LG Optimus 2X's 512MB (then again out of which some is reserved for Graphics, background running apps etc. :( )

+ atrix 2 has a bigger but not so good screen :( I am totally confused now. :evil:
The bootloader's locked on Atrix 2 but as google has bought Motorola so..fingers crossed :D

Are there any better phones coming up?? in 20-22k range?? (except the one/Xperia U/P/S)

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
+1 for super..super advice...as simple as that :-D

cleared the dust.. :cool:

thx bro :)

UPDATE: :(

I am getting motorola atrix 2 for like 22k (market price; confirmed today) and very very less hopes for LG Optimus 2X :'(

Motorola atrix 2 has a bigger screen. high res, the TI OMAP 4430 chipset with the SGX340 GPU, 1GB RAM and rest specs are quite similar to 2x except for the build quality.. :( I tried a dummy of atrix 2 and trust me..its looking cheap :/ not good build quality even though it will come at a bit expensive price tag if an o2x is available :) (O2X @ rs20.5k fix deal with a shopwalla@gaffar :D)

Suggestions me guys.. :( I dont wanna go for atrix 2 (the things that provoke me most is the silverish bezel around the phone+ motorola's after sales service..which both of 'em kinda sucks like blarghh :p )

updated post below vvvvvv

Ok..guys looks like the only place I am getting this phone (online) is from Indiatimes Shopping here.

Offering the phone for approx. 23k :| Just want to know whether shoudl I really go for it? I mean I can get Motorola Atrix 2 @ Rs22k (local shop-walla) with more amount of RAM (1GB) which does definitely helps in running more apps. right?? :-? as compared to LG Optimus 2X's 512MB (then again out of which some is reserved for Graphics, background running apps etc. :( )

+ atrix 2 has a bigger but not so good screen :( I am totally confused now. :evil:
The bootloader's locked on Atrix 2 but as google has bought Motorola so..fingers crossed :D

Are there any better phones coming up?? in 20-22k range?? (except the one/Xperia U/P/S)

One question comes to my mind. Are you looking for the specs of the phone or it's usability? You are spending around 20K (a high end price) for a phone that looks cheap crap but just because of that 1 GHz proc and 1GB ram, you're going for it. Doesn't make any sense for me atleast. Are you upto android development? If yes, it's reasonable for you to look for specifications, but if not, then you are looking for wrong device.

I would suggest you go for LG Optimus 2x/Black or Sony Ericsson Neo V for 17k. Or increase the budget and go for HTC Sensation 24k. I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S2 for 25,200 INR for my sister, see the local pricings of these phones. Decide on usability, looks, screen size first, then go technical. That's how I shop.

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
hmm...true (even since the 1st day I have been looking forward for the best build quality. atleast durability matters for a phone worth above 10-15k :|

btw the atrix 2 has also got a bigger battery 1785mah!

thx for the suggestion :cool:

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
just wait till S3 launches (around a month). you'll get S2 for 20-22k for sure.

Wait my friend, you will find better deals.

holding onto your thoughts guys....still running my life on a 6yr old Nokia (since my other primary Nokia phone died) :-D working fine for now (well not really I cry when I see a smartphone :cry:)

Well..frankly speaking I am all against an all plastic construction phones such as Samsung Galaxy SII :|

@desiJATT Thx for the support bro :)
+1 nice quotation :D

desiJATT

Away from Forums, Again!
holding onto your thoughts guys....still running my life on a 6yr old Nokia (since my other primary Nokia phone died) :-D working fine for now (well not really I cry when I see a smartphone :cry:)

Well..frankly speaking I am all against an all plastic construction phones such as Samsung Galaxy SII :|

@desiJATT Thx for the support bro :)
+1 nice quotation :D

You know what? I am in the same position as you are right now. I have a Nokia 1600 right now, my old Nokia 5800XM was lost last year, and I didn't buy any phone even after my dad was begging me to buy one. Now, I am going to college this year, and will buy a new one after 1.5 year of wait! I am too, waiting for S3 price and specs and most probably will go for S2 :)

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
You know what? I am in the same position as you are right now. I have a Nokia 1600 right now, my old Nokia 5800XM was lost last year, and I didn't buy any phone even after my dad was begging me to buy one. Now, I am going to college this year, and will buy a new one after 1.5 year of wait! I am too, waiting for S3 price and specs and most probably will go for S2 :)

1.5yr ? :O LOLz i can't even wait for its 1/4 :-D

btw..guys how about Samsung galaxy Ace 2?? I find the phone quite ok-ok + has a front facing cam.

Any news on price & launch date? (coz I might end up buying this)

Also, plz tell me whether samung's bootloader's (specifically on galaxy Ace series) are they unlocked by deafult?

pramudit

Gaming hardcore
samsung gives unlocked bootloader on all mobiles. ace is actually pretty expensive for the features it provide...

i think you should better go to a mobile shop and gets hands on otherwise you will just keep finding some other mobile on internet and you will be confused a lot...

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
samsung gives unlocked bootloader on all mobiles. ace is actually pretty expensive for the features it provide...

i think you should better go to a mobile shop and gets hands on otherwise you will just keep finding some other mobile on internet and you will be confused a lot...

I am talking about "Ace 2" it isn't released yet.. and according to GSMArena it should be a economical phone arnd 12-15k (guessing). :|

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
by the time ace 2 is launched we'll have Sony mobiles with better specs. it has to be priced same as Neo V or HTC One V to make sense. On the other hand the looks has gone from bad to worse. This is the 100th samsung mobile that looks the same.

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
by the time ace 2 is launched we'll have Sony mobiles with better specs. it has to be priced same as Neo V or HTC One V to make sense. On the other hand the looks has gone from bad to worse. This is the 100th samsung mobile that looks the same.

fully agreed..

I guess it will also hit nearly the same time (May).
Sony's latest series (if this is you'er talking abt bro)..well I din't liked it much except for Sola (which is the only one having a Micro-SD card slot but then again will be available for arnd 20k :( )

I have thought to NOT to go for LG's O2X (as at 23k) online price I don't think its worth tht much now+ If i get my hands on the "Samsung Ace 2" for max. 15k then sure will get it :D

umm..still plz can u recommend me some more phones arnd the 15-16k (can go for 20k if i get a worthy phone :p ) budget from HTC?(except one V) :-?
HTC's build quality is offcourse cooler than the sammy's :twisted:

Last edited:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I have thought to NOT to go for LG's O2X (as at 23k) online price I don't think its worth tht much now+ If i get my hands on the "Samsung Ace 2" for max. 15k then sure will get it :D

Ace 2 got some serious hardware under its hood. i am not sure but it "may" have Exynos chip but clocked lower (binning of processor) cause it failed to qualify for S2. I am sure Samsung have tons of these half working chips that they can't use in S2. And with Mali 400MP (clocked low high doesn't matter) it'll wipe out any sub20k droid until Sony launches their P or whatever new mobile they have.

Are you sure? What about the N700? Is S3 officially announced yet?

remember S2's launch? S got a huge pricecut overnight (~28 to 22k). HTC Sensation was given a 6-7k pricecut overnight. So S2 will sell for 23-24k soon. but once S3 is available or once HTC lowers price of One S or One X. Till then be happy with whatever S2 is priced at.

OP
sky770

sky770

Journeyman
Ace 2 got some serious hardware under its hood. i am not sure but it "may" have Exynos chip but clocked lower (binning of processor) cause it failed to qualify for S2. I am sure Samsung have tons of these half working chips that they can't use in S2. And with Mali 400MP (clocked low high doesn't matter) it'll wipe out any sub20k droid until Sony launches their P or whatever new mobile they have.

Ok now, guys i just made a decision (an IMP one for me)..

I have not ordered.. but I have thought to order a HTC Desire S and I DO need your advice here now; (tonight or maybe before tomm. morning) Why? because of these:

- Samsung's Galaxy Ace 2 won't be released before Q3, 2012 which means not before July?! :cry: (have already been suffering without a phone; )

- considering the current available price of Ace 2 in European market @ 280-290 Euros which comes about 20k INR; simply tagged it as expensive for a sammy

- plastic build of Ace 2 :/

- Mali 400MP as according to Sam maybe underclocked etc. YES exactly BUT not only this also this same GPU is available in 2configurations across market having a Mali-400MP (having 1core) & a Mali-400MP (having 4cores) is the difference.

HTC Desire S has the adreno 205 (is it a really lower end GPU ?; online reviews show it as fine; even the SE Xperia Neo V has the same Proc+GPU specs :) )

- likes of Sony xperia U/P are having the Mali 400MP (single core) in them (inside the DB8500 board package) as per my sources. otherwise why would the xperia U come so cheap at its MRP of 19,990(set by Sony mobile comms., India pvt. ltd) ?

- already has developer support/custom roms are breeze; CM possible; bootloader unlocking as easy as 1-2-3 (not really but yeah.. :D)

- official ICS too will roll out soon

- am getting HTC Desire S for 16k with 1yr manufaturer's warranty :-D

Now, all I wanna ask is should I really order this phone as this opportunity may not come back once this Desire S also phases out of market (I had it with LG O2X ask members here.. I have been crying to get the damn' phone :'( to come in shops again) & wait for Samsung Galaxy Ace 2

OR

should I consider HTC One V??

As I read many posts abt Htc one V's scren being better than the desire S's ?? :shock:

both of them have nearly the identical screen specs apart from the desire S having the SLCD and the Once V having a TFT display (or again the SLCD but the exact same :| )

what to do?

aroraanant

Explorer
If we check the prices online then the price difference in Desire S and Incredible S is of only 1k, and Incredible S is better than Desire S as it has got a better camera, a bigger screen and a difference of 1k is nothing for that I think, So one must for Incredible S.
About One V I can only say one thing, its a new phone, if you have to compare between Incredible S in terms of specs with one V then Incredible S wins but as its a new handset HTC might have worked with some cons in their previous handsets and have come out with something good.
And Even Neo V is a very good phone, just the build quality is ok, not good not bad

Top Bottom