Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
As my time in college nears its end I'm facing a huge dilemma. Some of u know my earlier problem too and wud think its same one but its not. So please patiently read it and help me out.:)
My branch is I.T now we all know its synonymous with the software field. I'm also doing GNIIT(Track 1- Software Development) from NIIT . Now all these things ought to make me a good in programming but its reverse. :(
I've done Core Java almost 4 times(1 in college, 3 in NIIT) but still not able to get it. Such is my case with Programming. I know its like Maths for me, more I practice, the better I will get. On the other hand the field of Hardware and Networking is taught for namesake in college but due to my and a friend of mine's interest in it, concepts and fundas of it come to me naturally, its like u tell me once and then ask me again about it anytime I'll be able to explain it u whilst Programming is like if I study 80% I'm only able to retain 20-30% of it. :(
I want ur guidance in the matter that later should I opt for Networking or hardware job or Programming job. I know the latter pays better but I also want to know about the job prospectives in the Networking and Hardware field.
All this is also contradicted by the fact that aspire to be a Game Programmer whilst I still don't know Jack$hit about it. Just started few basics books this week.
So help mr dudes, especially "Employed" ones in deciding to move ahead in which direction. :confused:

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
U r doing GNIIT course. Does it provide any Networking related training?

AND,
For networking there is very few CORE companies in India who does it.
Go for CCNA and CCNP. Its totally on networking.
Scope of jobs: Security related companies. TrendMicro, RoltaIndia etc.
Field: Network programming, security suite (one of my frnd is in Rolta right now, got some vague idea from him)

S/W: U need programming knowledge.
If selected in BIG companies, u'll be given initial trg. and then u'll be put in "SOME" field.
May be core Java, WebTech, MainFrame, SAP etc.

And for Java, I learnt it myself. And I know one thing, if I can do it, anyone can do it.

I followed Herbert Schildt thoroughly. From Chap1 to Chap10. Line by line. Every program was executed. The fun part is that, I found it easier than C.
Just follow that book, u won't need anything. Do every exercise. Bas.

H/W: nahi maloom.

OP
Plasma_Snake

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Well I'm doing CompTIA A+/N+ certification course too in NIIT and I know for proving my self ideal for a Networking job, I've to get CCNA certification.

Aur koi Bhai bandhu hai apne vichaar rakhne wala?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom