Help me choosing a PMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
Hi all
I'm planning to get a PMP from US,my budget is arnd 13-15k,memory required is 30Gigs,form factor is not a concern for me and i'm looking for music(Quality),radio and videos.Thought of going after Zune2 but don't know about its music Q.Please suggest any better alternatives.
Thanx in advance:)

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Get Creative Zen Vision W or Cowon A3. Both are excellent and fit your requirements.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
If you don't care about form factor, then the Creative Zen Vision W is what you are looking for. You really will be hard-pressed to find something better.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
check the following:

1) Archos 404 Camcorder. PMP with build in digital camera (3.5-inch, 16 million-color LCD screen, need the $99.99 DVR Station to use this as a camcorder, 1.3mp camera.
You can even try the latest 604 wi-fi and 704 wi-fi. 30Gb, wi-fi. (www.archos.com)
2) Cowon iAudio A3
3) Creative Zen 32Gb flash player (creidt card sized player for $300)

napster007

Padawan
The creative vision W is a bit bulky. But if you don't care about it's size (it's got a 4" screen) then i can bet my life that u won't find a better PMP

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
@shri, PSP is a great pmp as well. But its format support is a bit limited and it has no built-in memory and depends upon external memory cards for storage.

OP
S

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
I totaly agree with krazyfrog that PSP is a great PMP but the format support is limited there and you have to carry around a bunch of memory cards if you wanna use it as a full blown PMP.

@kumarmohit ya its a gud option but don't you think,the screen is kinda small.

Now i'm looking from cowon A3 and Creative vision W..both looks very appealing..and finally giving a second thought to Zune 2.

Anyways thanx guys for the response...thanx agn..:)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
I totaly agree with krazyfrog that PSP is a great PMP but the format support is limited there and you have to carry around a bunch of memory cards if you wanna use it as a full blown PMP.

@kumarmohit ya its a gud option but don't you think,the screen is kinda small.

Now i'm looking from cowon A3 and Creative vision W..both looks very appealing..and finally giving a second thought to Zune 2.

Anyways thanx guys for the response...thanx agn..:)

If you have more DVD movies, Go for Cowon as it plays dvd's directly. if you have more dvix/xvid movies with huge music collection, go for zenvision:W.

If you have huge music collection, tiny video collection, go for Creative Zen 32Gb flash player.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
^^ but it comes with pain-in-the-ass, that is zune client. on the other hand Zen's s/w consists of transfer agent, convertion agent. This convertion agent converts videos to fit to the zen's screen.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
^^naaah..all the bugs have been cleared for in the next generation zune..now songs can be trasphered thru windows media...syncs brilliantly and sounds great.

Btw u also need to convert ur videos when u transport them to your apple ipod...but zune 2 really rocks

OP
S

Sharx

Xenophobic..!!
Thanx guys,Even i'm kinda skeptic about zune 2,though its very appealing and nicely built.
Also ppl i'm looking forward to A3 but as told in digit,the sound level is very low in it,any idea of the sound??(I dont wanna bleed my ears but still to be on safer side).
Also hwz is Archos 605,it is also fully loaded,what do you guys say??

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Archos 605 wifi:

The ARCHOS 605 WiFi features the highest resolution screen (800 X 480) and highest quality screen in a PMP. Use the touch screen to easily operate the device with your finger or stylus.

Make it yours: personalize your ARCHOS 605 WiFi to fit your unique lifestyle. Abundant plug-ins and accessories are available to customize your device to work the way you do: Go online for full Web surfing, video your friends and family in action, record your favorite TV shows and movies, and share your photos.

Download content wirelessly and directly to your ARCHOS 605 WiFi via the ARCHOS Content Portal and our partners' online stores.
You can also stream movies, TV shows and music that are stored on your computer.
Your device is Internet ready! With the optional Web browser plug-in, you can surf the Web and enjoy videos from online videos sites like DailyMotion and YouTube.

- Store and play up to 40 movies1
- Play the most popular video format: MPEG-4, WMV, protected WMV, MPEG-2*, VOB*, H.264* (*with optional plug-ins)
- Play the movies you shot on your camcorder

- Transfer your photos from a PC or most mass storage devices via the USB 2.0 high speed interface
- Store and view up to 300,000 photos1 (JPEG, PNG and BMP formats)
- Display slideshows with music and transition effect
- Manage your files and folders directly on the device for a better mobility

- Record your favorite TV shows or series directly on your ARCHOS 605 WiFi with the optional DVR Station Gen 5
- Easy programming with the TV Program Guide
- Record the most video sources such as satellite/cable box, VCR, DVD player in MPEG-4 format

Play the most popular music files such as MP3, WAV, WMA and protected WMA
- Easily organize songs with the enhanced ARCLibrary
- Customize your view by artist, album, type of music, title and create your playlist on the go

Tech specs:

Capacity : 30/80/160Gb
High resolution screen, 800x480 pixels, 4.3'' TFT LCD, 16M color screen
MPEG-4(4) (ASP@L5 AVI, up to DVD resolution)
WMV (MP@ML, up to DVD resolution)
With optional software plug-ins (available for purchase on www.archos.com):
- Video Podcast plug-in: H.264 up to DVD resolution and AAC
- Cinema Plug-in: MPEG-2 MP@ML up to 10 Mbps (up to DVD resolution) and AC3 stereo sound (5.1)

Reads PDF documents
WiFi (802.11g) connection. Optional Internet plug-in (Opera® Web browser and Adobe Flash® Player) for Web browsing (for purchase on www.archos.com)
3.5 mm mini jack for headphones
Docking connectors to connect DVR Station and other ARCHOS accessories

Package content: ARCHOS 605 WiFi, headphones, ARCHOS USB cable, DVR Station Gen 5 adapter, protective pouch, Quick Start Guide (QSG), legal and safety notice.

ONE BIG DRAWBACK FOR THIS PLAYER IS THAT MANY FEATURES LIKE DVD PLAYBACK ETC WILL WORK IF YOU INSTALL PLUG-IN'S AND YOU HAVE TO BUY THEM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom