Help me choosing a cell phone please

mindblower

Right off the assembly line
Hi Experts,

I am a brand new member and also in the queue to buy an android. .. and this will be my first smartphone.. :)

I have zerood in between O1 and wildfire S. Can you please suuggest the advantage of WS over O1 as I need to pay around 3.5K extra for WS..

Thanks in advance for all your guidance!!!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Hi Experts,

I am a brand new member and also in the queue to buy an android. .. and this will be my first smartphone.. :)

I have zerood in between O1 and wildfire S. Can you please suuggest the advantage of WS over O1 as I need to pay around 3.5K extra for WS..

Thanks in advance for all your guidance!!!

Advantages of Wildfire S
1. Sense UI
2. Good 5 MP camera
3. Gorilla Glass
4. HTC World-class built quality

Other specifications are similar... No major difference there.

A few days ago, Wildfire S was available for 12k on some website after discount code. I don't remember now... Check TechEnclave deals section... you will find something interesting there...

Cheers!

mindblower

Thanks AndroidFan 4 ur fast response..

I knew about the camera.. but do you have any idea about the video playback quality.. 2 of my friends have O1 and heard that HD (720p) can not be played there.. is it the same for wildfire S too?

And I will surely check for the deals soon

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Thanks AndroidFan 4 ur fast response..

I knew about the camera.. but do you have any idea about the video playback quality.. 2 of my friends have O1 and heard that HD (720p) can not be played there.. is it the same for wildfire S too?

And I will surely check for the deals soon

Wildfire S has internals similar to O1. So, if 720p videos cannot be played on the O1, then I am very sure that they cannot be played on Wildfire S either...

I have an Optimus One. Its a decent phone. And very, very fast after using custom ROMs and kernel patches. I can guarantee my O1 can outperform most 15k phones very easily.

Cheers!

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
And very, very fast after using custom ROMs and kernel patches. I can guarantee my O1 can outperform most 15k phones very easily.

See, praising O1 is good, it deserves it.

But going beyond that. Do you seriously think O1 can outperform Spice Mi410 and Moto Defy or Galaxy Ace(maybe this one), which are the other 15k devices right now?

mindblower

I have an Optimus One. Its a decent phone. And very, very fast after using custom ROMs and kernel patches. I can guarantee my O1 can outperform most 15k phones very easily.

So you vehemently suggest O1...thanks 4 ur opinion.. but customizing ROM and Kernel may not be my cup of tea... what does it take to custom them anyway?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
what does it take to custom them anyway?

root > install rom manager from market > flash clockworkmod recovery (rom manager will do it for you) > downloading & copying the rom you like to memory card & flashing it using clockworkmod recovery. done.

siddhesh222

Journeyman
I don't see why you want an Android when you just won't customize it. The stock ROM's are really boring and you'll probably get bored after a while.

But anyways, get LG Optimus one. Or Defy if you can afford it. (14.5k)

Customizing stuff on phones just looks intimidating, every tom dick and harry can do it. It's just a matter of throwing files in certain locations.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
root > install rom manager from market > flash clockworkmod recovery (rom manager will do it for you) > downloading & copying the rom you like to memory card & flashing it using clockworkmod recovery. done.

The factory ROMs usually comes with bloatware (thankfully, it is far less for LG O1) but still, a 3rd party ROM like Cyanogen Mod 7 is usually much faster than these ROMs with the only exception being that you need to be aware of few bugs that might crop up once in a while. So, either try LG O1 or look for Nokia C6-01 if you want a Symbian device.

LOGINN

u cn go 4 this "Nokia X3-02 Touch and Type"
its a value 4 money phone.

chk out : Comparison Page - Phonegg.com

join me :LOG INN | Facebook

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
u cn go 4 this "Nokia X3-02 Touch and Type"
its a value 4 money phone.

chk out : Comparison Page - Phonegg.com

join me :LOG INN | Facebook

nope, not worth! Build is good but touch, UI, OS etc are just okay and not much worth the price tag.

mindblower

Hey guyz,

thanx a lot 4 all ur suggestions.. got O1 yesterday.. :smile:

a small query.. is the antivirus mandatory 4 this device.. the guy at the counter almost cajoling me to have one..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
congrats. how much you paid & what colour?

antivirus? well that sales guy doesn't have any idea about android.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hey guyz,

thanx a lot 4 all ur suggestions.. got O1 yesterday.. :smile:

a small query.. is the antivirus mandatory 4 this device.. the guy at the counter almost cajoling me to have one..

no need at all. just make sure that you don't keep passwords saved as a note. and if possible, opt for 2-step verification for your gmail account. it's painful in the beginning but is immensely helpful.
*www.google.com/support/accounts/bin/static.py?hl=en&page=guide.cs&guide=1056283&topic=1056284
:D

mindblower

Thanx guyz.. its a black one and costs 9.8K frm Mumtazuddin, Kolkata.. and thankz Desibond for the suggestion..

also suggest me if anything (like any custom changes?) is must after buying one.. I am still exploring it & will come up to u with more novice questions :grin:

Top Bottom