Help me choose the right configuration

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:gamming, graphics designing,

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:yes

3. What is your MAX budget?
A:25000

4. Planning to overclock?
A:no

5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:win 7

6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:depends on the cost of config

7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want? If you already want have one and want to use it, mention its resolution and size.
A:17 square

8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:8

9. Have you ever or will this be done by an assembler?
A:yes , built a desktop before

10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:as soon as possible

11. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A:yes

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:no

13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A: probabily buy frm Chennai, challenger computers or delta peripherals Chennai

14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A: guys i actually want to buy by december. iam not able to solidify my opinion on motherboard...

i taught of buying a gen3 motherboard and a intel G630 for the time being and later may be by 2012 Q2 or Q3 replace proccy with a midrange ivybridge proccy...

basically iam focusing on getting a gen3 motherboard around 10000rs. but i dnt know if iam correct or not...

if i bought a motherboard say Intel h67bl , i wont be upgrading it for minimum 2 years...

iam considering buying a low priced proccy like intelg630 and a good gen3 motherboard so that i have a strong base which can be upgraded later on....

i will only use single gpu will 400w suffice for me....

waittng for ur suggestion guys :|

saswat23

Human Spambot
I think you dont need Monitor.
For 25k get this:
* Intel i3-2100 -- 6k
* Intel DH67VR-B3 -- 4.7k
* WDC Blue 500GB -- 1.9k
* Corsair 4GB Value RAM -- 1.4k
* HP 24x DVD-RW -- 0.9k
* Zebronics Reaper/Aviator w/o PSU -- 1.5k
* FSP SAGA-II 500W -- 2.2k
* MS/Logitech KB combo -- 0.6k
* Logitech z103 -- 0.7k
* Numeric 600VA UPS -- 1.4k
Total ---- 21.3k
+
*MSi/Asus/Sapphire HD 6670 1GB DDR5 -- 5.2k
Grand Total ---- 26.5k

This card will ony allow you to game at medium settings. For better gaming and graphics designing you need something better just like a HD 6850/6870. But a GTX-560Ti will be a better option. So, increase your budget and get a better card.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
thanks mate....

so are u saying that i should not opt for a gen3 motherboard... its not worth right?

just for clarification ... i read many posts from gigabyte that many of their motherboards support ivybridge ofcourse Intel said it officially its backward compatible...gigabyte say they can also provide pcle3 support fully.....

so iam thinking will a gigabyte motherboard be more vfm.... ?

since i have not read anything abt intel mb supporting ivy and providing pcle3,

i know it may not be useful suddenly(PCLE 3 ) but iam simply curious about the upgrading option.

does the MB u suggested can provide this features....

actually there was a statement from msi that gigabyte doesn't provide actual gen 3 features and what they say can be available in any mb on market through a bios update....

later there was a press conference from gigabyte showing proof abt what they were saying.......

have u read this things....

should i go with intel h67vr, or gigabyte h67 d2 b3(its around same price)
(this was whyi got really confused and taught of getting a premium G3 mb and a pentium G630 for the timebeing and later upgrade cpu nxt year around the same time)
or smething other....?

Cilus

laborare est orare
PCIe gen 3 will be utilized if used in a Crossfire or SLI setup for single gpu IMO not worth it

It is not like that. Gen 3 will be utilized if the GPU can provide bandwidth enough to bottleneck the current PCI-E 2.1 standard. Sadly it is observed no current gen GPU is able to do that. So the extra bandwidth offered by Gen 3 is never get utilized with current GPUs. They may be helpful with the upcoming AMD 7000 series GPU.

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
:?:
change it with dvd writer from Asus/Sony.
Reason: quality of HP products in India is questionable.

thanks mate for the reply...i asked abt harddisk...
the price given was 1.9k for 500gb wd hdd..

it was 4500rs for 500gb when i asked in shop

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
It is not like that. Gen 3 will be utilized if the GPU can provide bandwidth enough to bottleneck the current PCI-E 2.1 standard. Sadly it is observed no current gen GPU is able to do that. So the extra bandwidth offered by Gen 3 is never get utilized with current GPUs. They may be helpful with the upcoming AMD 7000 series GPU.

exactly what u siad is right... but no one answered my actual pblm ... it was abt motherboard sme times i may wait till feb for gpu.

it would be easy if it was last year because amd released 5xxx series then next year 6xxx series all this worked with pcle 2 technolgy.....

but now its a shift from pcle2 to pcle3 ... thats why am asking.

i hope u ppl understands what iam asking...

thanks guys!!!:|

OP
zacfx05

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
hello frnds just found this hope this will help someone, i kniw its not the right place to post but it connects with my question.....:arrow:

Maximum PC | Biostar: No Worries, Our 6 Series Mainboards Fully Support Native PCI-E Gen. 3

:grin:

can anybody tell me biostar support in india is it good...?

i like to buy BIOSTAR TZ68K+.....

i just found this ..... also when i searched its highly recommended board ...but not for those who need lots of ports for connectivity

BIOSTAR :: Award :grin:

if anyone know where its available please post

Top Bottom