Help me choose a pen drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

moshel

Padawan
hi guys...with dwindling prices of flash storage, i have finally decided to buy a pen drive. Am planning for a 4 gb version cos thats pretty cheap now.

the thing is i am confused between the following two. Both of which got good reviews in this month's digit.

1. Transcend Jetflash V10 4 gb (Digit GOLD)
pros
cheap...its a steal at Rs. 843/-
USB slider design
easily available in my area

cons
looks dull
doesnt seem to be as rugged as the voyager GT

2. Corsair Voyager GT 4 gb (Digit Editor's pick)
pros
its from "Corsair"
extremely rugged design (its water proof, and people have even thrown it from top of building and driven a car over it)
it is "almost" the fastest of all.(although different reviews say differently) but its still one of the fastest.
looks pretty good
i can use it as a keychain too! (due to the tough outer design)

cons
little expensive than transcend @ Rs. 1300/-
a bit difficult to get in my area (probably will have to order it online)
USB not retractable (wat if we lose the cap, although i have read that corsair gives a replacement)

the most important for me in a pen drive is that it should be faaaaast and should have a rugged design, so that there is no problem if it falls down or something.....

so please help me select from the two!

Pathik

Google Bot
I got a Transcend v30 4gb for 750 2 days back. Giving me unusually good read/write speeds. BTW i think u should get the v10

gunda_26

Broken In
Corsair and zion pen drive are fastest.But as you said corsair cap need little care,especially if you are absent minded.see the latest review in the DIGIT january issue.

nix

hi guys.. which is the cheapest pen drive i can get in bangalore. 1 GB capacity...i dont use pen drives much...so..

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Kingston Data traveller 4GB.Gives good performance.
Don't go for cheap transcend V30,it's performance sucks.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
I'm also thinking of getting myself a 4gb one for around 800 bucks. Which one is better Transcend or Kingston at that price? I need fast read/write speed. Don't care about anything else.

Pathik

Google Bot
Get a Transcend v10 for 820 bucks.
I got a transcend v30 4gb for 750 bucks last week and it is giving me avg read/write speeds of 6/12 mBps. Quite more than i expected.

I'm also thinking of getting myself a 4gb one for around 800 bucks. Which one is better Transcend or Kingston at that price? I need fast read/write speed. Don't care about anything else.
*www.indiaplaza.in/Electronics/comp... 4 GB USB Pen Drive With 2 Years Warranty.htm
And in that link, MRP is quoted wrong.

Pathik

Google Bot
Cos i had to urgently get a pendrive that day itself. And v10 wasnt available/out of stock where i asked.
Btw IMO the new batch of v30s hav improved speed. I got lucky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom