Help Me Buying In-Ear and Over The Ear Headphones

Simar Rajput

Right off the assembly line
Guyz please help me in buying In ear headphones for around Rs.700 +- Rs.100 and Over the ear headphones for around 2K.
Mainly i need bass in both the headphones and clear audio.
They both should be able to give quality sound with my Lg P500 and Dell Inspiron 14z Laptop.

Sarath

iDota
Audio Technica ATH-M20 [ATH-M20] - Rs.2,200.00 : Pristine Note, Shop audio, headphones, amplifier, DAC, hifi, mp3, audiophile products online store India

and IEMs

JVC HA-FX34 Marshmallow - Rs. 550 JVC MARSHMALLOW [HA-FX34] - Rs.550.00 : Pristine Note, Shop audio, headphones, amplifier, DAC, hifi, mp3, audiophile products online store India

Sound Magic PL-13 - Rs. 549
Sound Magic PL-11 - Rs. 615
Sound Magic PL-21 - Rs.900?

Skullcandy JIB - - Rs. 600

Krow

Crowman
If you want bass, go for these: ATH- CKL200 (BK) [ATH- CKL200] - Rs.770.00 : Pristine Note, Shop audio, headphones, amplifier, DAC, hifi, mp3, audiophile products online store India
Rs 770.

And the Audio Technica M20 is fantastic. Read this thread: *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/audio/151454-today-i-understood-why-people-buy-headphones.html

OP
S

Simar Rajput

Yeah i will be going for Audio Technica M20, but little bit confused on IEM's . Any word on Koss PortaPro's ?

Krow

Crowman
Koss Portapros are very good in their own way. A comparison from a review on another forum:
Compared to my favourite Portapros I must say its a very close fight. The M20s have better soundstage and bass. However the Portapros have better mids and highs along with instrument separation. So its still a toss up between the two. The build quality and isolation of the M20s is however far better than the Portapros though.

OP
S

Simar Rajput

Wht abt IEM's still confused, which one shuld i get?

I also tried Xb-300 in sony showroom, any word about that?

Audio Technica M20 is having less score in Test Freaks then Xb-300 and Koss PortaPro and even HD-202.

Audio-Technica ATH-M20 Reviews

Confused :(

Do help me guyz as early as possible, i will be taking them tommorow.:?

I am getting PL 21 at 700 from SMC, which one is better PL 11 or PL 21?

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
PL 21 comes with a mic afaik. Better for mobile phones. Someone told me PL21 is better, although I don't remember why. Can't help you with those as I have not heard either.

As for headphones, if you think build quality is not a problem, go for the Portapros. :)

OP
S

Simar Rajput

Hey i think MP 21 is having mic and PL 21 is not having Mic, isnt it?

And i am not getting Koss Porta Pros less then 2800, dnt want to spend this much,want to get both the headphones in 3k.

Have to choose from HD 202 , MP 20 and XB300 or any other at 2300 max Still confused and have to take them tommorow only .:?

Krow

Crowman
Oops, yes MP21 has the mic. Sorry. Wait a minute.

PL 11:
Pros

Great sound, easy to drive
Good set of accessories
Unmatched bang for buck

Cons

Treble seems slightly rolled off
Bass goes deep, but not with authority
Cable housing near the driver could be more robust
PL 21
Pros:
amazing midrange