Help me Build a PC

vengeance

Right off the assembly line
Hey everyone .. i want to build a PC in less than 70K ...

1. What is the purpose of the computer?

Ans. Basically surfing and gaming ( Not high end Just basic ones like NFS mostwanted )

2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers?

Ans. Yes !!

3. What is your MAX budget?

Ans. Around 70K ( INR )

4. Planning to overclock?

Ans. No

5.Which OS are you planning to use?

Ans. Windows XP SP-3

6. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10?

Ans. 6

7. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?

Ans. No i havent Built a Desktop before .. I just need to know about good configuration ... the Assembler would then build it for me ..

8. When are you planning to buy the system?

Ans. By This month End ... or by the third week ..

9. Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?

Ans. Not exactly ..

10. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.

Ans. None ..

11. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?

Ans. I Live In Mumbai .. so better to purchase in Mumbai ..

12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.

Ans. Yeah. I already have a LCD Monitor and a HDD ( 1Tb ) so .. i wont need to buy .. will use the same in the new rig ..

13. Mention any other points if deemed necessary

Ans. Basically i want a Quad Core Comp ... so i need a good cooling system for it .. so please suggest for that too !!

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
please tell which lcd monitor you have and what resolution will you run the games and all.

70k is too much for playing NFS mostwanted and other basic games.
even this will be more-10 sufficient for playing at the highest settings -

AMD Phenom II x4 955BE @ 8k
MSI 890GXM-G65 @ 7k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 4.6k
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II @ 15k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
CM 690 II plus @ 5.3k

Total - 44.6k

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
70k for casual gaming :shock:
Get Jaskanwar's config with the following changes:

gfx Card: HD 5870
PSU: Corsair TX 650

Or I would suggest go for an i7 config for the ultimate gaming experience.

Tell us what monitor you have. If it's too small, you ave enough budget to get an IPS panel.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Cool Buddy, rather than suggesting a very high end card, we can wait a little for the OP to reply. If he is having a 19" LCD and even a 22" one, I think for casual gaming even HD 5850 is a overkill.

vengeance, please let us know what is the size and maximum resolution of your Display.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
@OP
for the GPU i suggest you wait till the end of the month as 6000 series going to be releasing!

pegasus

Journeyman
70K just for surfing and no high end gaming?

i5 760
ASUS P7P55D-E
2x2GB Corsair DDR3 1600Mhz kit
GTX460 1GB
Corsair VX550 PSU ( or higher)
NZXT Gamma /M59/Tempest EVO

For rough idea on prices in MUmbai-
Computers Hardware, Peripherals, Cameras, Laptops, Gaming Equipment Tech Heaven, Thin client Lamington Road, Mumbai

Last edited:
OP
V

vengeance

yea ... i have a 21 Inch LCD Monitor .. my resolution is 1366*768 pixels ... can u guys suggest me a Intel Based ... like quad core and intel based motherboard ?

M

michaljohn

This information is so useful.ill try this and my pc is under in process.. hope i make it soon

Cilus

laborare est orare
At a resolution of 1366X768, even a HD 5770 is well enough to play all the games in high setting. But for a better future proof solution, I'll suggest Zotac GTX460 1GB @ 12.5k.

OP
V

vengeance

Thanx a lot ... i had actually selected Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 .. is it good ? if yes .. whats the motherboard i can go for compatibility ??

OP
V

vengeance

Thanx a lot evryone ... people here really reply very fast ... I have short listed Intel Core i7 870 – 2.93 GHz Quad-Core processor ... im buyin dat for sure .. so can u plz tell me the Motherboard and the Cooling system etc etc based for that processor .. and can u please tell me the Approx Prize of that system with i7-870 Plz.... and can u also tell me the cabinet and UPS and also the power Supply Units

Last edited:

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
ok then leave i7 870 and get i7 950.

Intel Core i7 950 @ 15k
Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R @ 13.6k
Gskill 6GB 1600 DDR3 Trident Kit @ 7.6k
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II @ 15k
Corsair VX550W @ 4.7k
CM 690 II plus @ 5.3k
Numeric 1KVA @ 4k

Total - 65.2k

although i feel you dont need i7 870 or 950 for your purposes. the config mentioned earlier is more than enough for you. as you are into casual gaming you wont be able to harvest the full potential of i7 power!! the i7 is just money waste for your purpose....

pegasus

Journeyman
If looking at buying a X58 setup, one should take a look at ASUS TUF Sabertooth X58 imho.
Approx 14K, 5 years warranty, TUF components- it looks like a very good motherboard for sure.
ASUS TUF Sabertooth X58 review

Top Bottom