Help Knoppix Hard disk Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoteen

Journeyman
hi guys
i installed knoppix 3.4 on my hard disk
it has loaded lilo as the boot loader,
now when i go to knoppix i see all the initial steps then the screen goes black with out of frquency message,even ctrl + alt + f1 gets me the same screen
i know that the error is due to the wrong config of xf86 - which was not asked for during installation , but please get me out of it

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
technoteen said:
i know that the error is due to the wrong config of xf86 - which was not asked for during installation , but please get me out of it
Reconfigure your XF86config by any of one the two methods.
1) # xf86config
this menu driven script will rewrite your x config file with a new one that you choose. This is the best option, and i have saved many people's lives with this...

2) # dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86
Reconfigure your debian packages that belong to xserver

technoteen said:
i am even not able to write to my linux partition from knoppix cd, i am able to write to a fat32 partition
Use this to mount your ext3 partitions.
$ su
# mount -t ext3 -o rw /dev/hda6 /mnt/hda6

Or better you can make changes in /etc/fstab and make the entries in 4th column from ro to rw

OP
T

technoteen

Journeyman
thanks for the reply but i have already solved both the problems, so moderators can lock this thread
i used the super user mode in Knoppix cd to gain access to the already mounted as rw reiser partition. there i changed the frequency range in the xf86config-4 file and then my knoppix was booting properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom