Help Installing Fedora 3 & removing SuSE 9.1 on XP dual boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Well, i tried doing everything you all suggested. I wrote "whereis xorgconfig", then in the next line, it said xorgconfig: in the next line and nothing else.

You see i am going through aproblem. I can copy files from my C: and D: on to Fedora but cannot copy or save any file from Fedora to my C: and D: (FAT32). So, i am not able to post the contents of /etc/X11/xorg.conf file.

Also, i wrote "uname -r" and it gave me the no.: 2.6.9-1.667

i am currently going through www.linmodems.org and will post contents regarding modem later.

sba

Journeyman
Ok. Guess Fedora doesn't have xorgconfig but there is an equivalent, namely system-config-display. Launch it as root and see wat all r in there.

To solve your file system problem you need to give us the contents of your /etc/fstab. You can paste files on D: drive as root. Later on we will tell you how to edit it, so that u can hv write support as normal user.

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Well, I am in more trouble now. My monitor supports 1024x768 at 60 Hz. So, I started system-config-display and configured my display card NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 (which my card is) and chose a Monitor ~1024 from the CRT monitors list since my HCL HCM560M monitor was not listed.
I logged out and then logged in again. I again went to system-config-display and chose 1024x768 and when I logged out the screen went black and the green LED of my monitor turned orange. I understood now I won't be able to start Fedora. WHAT DO I DO??????????????????

e-freak

Broken In
Login to Fedora as init 3 (console mode)....do the necessary changes and then start the X server by startx.

Also, download the official drivers for ur graphix card from the nvidia site. You will have to install it from the console prolly. I dunno bout Fedora but u need to have kernel sources installed in suse for this.

OP
S

//siddhartha//

Stabbing my shoe
Sorry, but I don't understand what to do? After the GRUB loader, I select "Fedora Core". Further,
it shows something like this:
[I don't remember exact contents "..." shows more text]
------------------------------------------------------
Loading Linux Kernel...
audit(xxxxxxxx.xxx)
Welcome to Fedora Core
Press 'I' to enter interactive startup
Probing hardware.. storage network audio done [OK}
Starting interactive startup...
------------------------------------------
And then the screen goes blank. So, what do I do? How do I log on in CONSOLE mode??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom