Help In Deciding a Digicam around 10-11K

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuXian

In the zone
I am planning to buy a digicam and can shell out by max Rs. 11000.

The camera should be able to take pics in low light with minimal noise.

Can the learned members help me in deciding the brand and the model.

OP
tuXian

tuXian

In the zone
Ppl are also recommending Canon Powershot A530 and Kodak Easyshare C663? Do they also have similar features and price?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Canon Powershot A530 is also a good solid 5MP camera. It can also be a alternate choice. But..It has slow flash rate between shots. It also has less battery life. Since it uses 2AA Batteries, it's bit bulky in design. Otherwise it is a perfect camera.
Regarding Kodak, it has sluggish start-up (takes about 5 seconds to start-up)and also slow from shot to shot. It's interface without dedicated ON/OFF button is messy.

din

Tribal Boy

Have a look at *www.digitalcamera-hq.com

That will sure help you selecting one. I am not suggesting any coz I do not have any personal exp yet.

PS : I also posted a thread recently ! Bit confused which to buy, my thread is at

*thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44286

sourav237

Journeyman
people in the camera shop told me that for video camera sony or panasonic bt for still imaging canon is more value 4 money than sony. recently i'm am using canon cams in our office (not 4 professional photography) . result is good. but didn't use sony still cam.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
nikon is better than canon or ne other as far as still photography is concerned

kuni5_hem

Broken In
Sony DSC S500 is the one u shud go for..
it has 6MP camera wid 3x optical zoom..
and it wil cost u less than 11000..
also it has an excellent image quality..

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
tuXian said:
Sony Cybershot DSC -S500 seems to suffer from the infamous E18 error. What do you say?

E18 error is not limited to Sony. It occurs in Canon too. Moreover it is not implied to a particular model as you are pointing to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom